*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

Circle Casting

Feel free to copy this information to your Book of Shadows.

Circle Casting

Postby LC » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:51 am

I read that you don’t need to physically cast a circle. Wouldn’t that let in bad energy in? I’m not going to try it. I don’t think right now that I can keep that visual in my mind the whole time. I’m thinking of working in my room, it’s a small space. Will it be alright if it’s not a circle shape but more like a box area. I know these are silly questions but I’m afraid of messing up and causing problems.
Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
LC

Re: Circle Casting

Postby SpiritTalker » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:15 pm

I'd like to suggest that you read my "Getting Started" topic in the Witchcraft and Wicca 101 section. There's some info in there on what a circle does for us. There's even a rite for cramped spaces, if you're interested.

When we make a circle, it creates a sphere, and the circle is where that sphere Intersects the land, or floor. It unites the realms above, mid-earth & below. It contains the energy we make until we release it on purpose. Edit: once the circle has been cast it remains until we disperse it, so we don't have to hold the image.

By not casting, do we "let in any bad energy"? What is bad energy? When we work out doors, nature spirits and animals may be attracted. A circle is like a biologist's clean-room bubble in that it keeps out contaminants, which in our case are those natural vibrations, frequencies & random emotional energies that might conflict with our intention. These things occur in nature and are counter-productive so get called "bad", but aren't zombie apocalypse bad, but more like interferring radio waves on a station. We live with these energies but don't want them skewing our pitch.

Working indoors keeps the rain off and allows privacy from Nosey Neighbors, the bane of city life. A circle is projected thought energy. It will conform to small areas & even go right thru the furniture, just like it penetrates earth, because it naturally forms a sphere. It can't help it.

Messing up and causing problems ... Hmm. A few guidelines can help:

. Ground & center so you are balanced.
. Always dismiss what you invite. This closes the doors you opened.
. When you raise energy, use it or ground it. These disconnect it from your body.
. Stay positive.

One way to get comfortable with energy, suggested by Scott Cunningham in Wicca for the Solitary Practioner, is to make psi-balls or balls of energy between your hands. It's safe to do. Push the energy back into your stomach when done to ground it. It sounds simple (well, it is) but it helps us feel the subtle push and motion of energy.

We're here to try to answer questions just like you've asked. :)
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Return to Witchcraft & Wicca 101 - The Basics of the Craft