*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

Chosen out of the blue, and seeking answers.

For discussion and questions about Gods and Goddesses.

Chosen out of the blue, and seeking answers.

Postby curiosity » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:38 pm

I’ve read that it’s rare for a deity to come to you, to choose you versus the other way around. I’ve also read that some deities will come to you via their name popping up in a series of events beyond coincidence. I hope my experience isn’t one already discussed, and that someone might be able to help. I was baptized at birth under the Eastern Orthodox faith for my paternal grandmothers sake, despite being raised in a Roman Catholic household and even attending a Roman Catholic private school until grade four. In grade five, I realized I didn’t truly believe in a god, or heaven or hell - without any outside influence, and not due to science or for lack of “experience” with contacting the socially accepted “God”. I just didn’t believe, and lived my life up until recently identifying as agnostic. I’ve always had an interest in witches, and my mother even took me to a multitude of shops devoted to Pagan and Wiccan practices, not that I ever got into it but I loved asking questions and learning about it. There’s a more natural, earthly energy I enjoyed, not to mention how excited all the people I encountered were to teach a child about their life, the history of these practices.

Five years ago, my best friend dove deep into Paganism out of nowhere - he chose two deities, one of which is Loki, the other I prefer not to name. Again, while I had an interest in learning about it, I was always skeptical when he’d leave out offerings and clean his stones and tidy up his alters for these deities. He had fallen out of practicing two years ago when his closest friend that practiced with him moved far out of state. Last week, I’d gone out to a few local “haunted” places, as I never believed they truly were haunted. My best friends deity that I chose to not name earlier came to me that night. I saw an apparition, and felt a drastic energy shift of pure calm. Despite that, I was alarmed at the unknown, I’d never SEEN anything before, I’ve only sensed the presence of powerful spirits. I called my best friend asking him about what I’d seen, and he laughed telling me it was his deity. That was how most people, including my best friend, had first seen him. On the way back from this haunted location I kept question why this deity would come to me, show himself to me, as he clearly had to have known I was not a believer. I almost died multiple times on the way back, and I am quick to panic, I freak out easily. I watched every near-death experience coming at me, not flinching, I didn’t even say a word about them. For some reason, that strong calm energy remained with me, and I didn’t panic because for the first time in my life I knew I was safe, I felt like I was being protected.

Later that night were some other experiences that were like a huge slap of reality, opening my eyes to these things. Out of good faith, and still being skeptical, I placed out an offering for this deity. A single cup of strong black coffee, what my best friend always used to offer him. I spoke to him, thanking him for what he did, apologizing for doubting his presence before. Once again I felt that powerful energy shifting to calm, and a cold hand on my back. Understand I had just stepped out of a very hot shower, steam rolling off me still, yet when I touched the spot I felt the hand in, it was ice cold.

More than anything, I’m terrified. I’m not a Pagan, a Wiccan, or otherwise. This deity, who as far as I know is powerful, going so far as to assist a friend who’s Goddess was Bast, came to me and protected me. I was hoping someone could give me some insight, as my best friend refuses to ask about me. He told me I need to contact this deity myself, but I’m afraid I won’t be able to hear him. My friends other deity had come round the other night, and when he spoke all I heard was a loud ringing in both my ears.

The deity who came to me that night was Lucifer.
curiosity

Re: Chosen out of the blue, and seeking answers.

Postby SpiritTalker » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:31 pm

Maybe you could just do some research into the witch's god-form that the midevil era church clerics called "lucifer". You will find more info under what is called "traditional witchcraft" headings than under Wicca. There are informative YouTube vids & "Kelden" has a topic that gives some history, as well as vids by MrShadowBwoy. Info and knowledge do much to dissolve imaginary fears. Only you can address it.

And I invite you to drop a line of intro in the top section of the board. Then we get to know each other.
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Postby corvidus » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:40 pm

Hello curiosity ;)

A good book to learn more about Lucifer is "Lucifer: Princeps"

But I'll make a couple comments. First, there are Spirits which are Heavenly and there are Spirits which are Earthly. Lucifer falls into the category of Earthly Spirits.

Materialism, Strength and Power, etc. The opinion that he is a "negative/evil" Spirit comes from Christianity. After all, if God created everything, then he created Lucifer as well. "Why" he did this is the debate of the philosophers and theologians, and everyone has their own explanation.

There are also stories about how Lucifer chose to come down to Earth in order to teach mankind important lessons.

Good luck :)
corvidus
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Postby SnowCat » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:37 pm

Lucifer is known as the light bringer or the morning star. That could indicate that he has some type of enlightenment that he wants to share with you. He isn't someone that I'm familiar with, outside of the Catholic Church's version, so I'm guessing, based on the name.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
SnowCat

Return to Gods/Goddesses