*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

Bran th' Blessed

Say hello and tell us a little bit about you and your interests.

Bran th' Blessed

Postby Bran th' Blessed » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:53 am

Hello all. I am Bran th' Blessed, a 64 year old man who has been involved with Paganism and the craft since the early 70s or so when I began subscribing to the old Green Egg magazine published by Tim Zell and the Church of All Worlds (CAW). Somewhere in the blur of the 80s I began studying the craft with my friend and mentor, Brother Cyprian, who initiated me up to the first degree before his passing into the Summerland. I've worked with the Borean, Oak Ash & Thorn, and Northwind traditions in my craft studies, and I've also worked with the Dancing Stones proto-grove of ADF Druidry. I've been solitary for about fwo or three coon's ages but I still try to maintain communications a bit with my local (Nashville, TN) Pagan Community and converse with various wiccans on the net. (I refuse to separate wiccans and witches; they're variations on a theme to me, and I will not support divisiveness.) I have grown extremely wise with age, if by wise you mean learning from your mistakes. Oiy! :oops:

Likes: Life. People. Love. Laughter. Music. Smelling the Roses. Being Here Now. A little Discordianism after dinner.
Dislikes: War. Militarism. Hatred. Violence. Oppression. Whatever draws or holds us apart. Showering with porcupines--they always grab the good towels.

Hobbies: Singing & playing guitar. Listening to music. Calendry. Cosmology. Astronomy. Physics. Poetry. Doodling.

I've studied it a lot, and I can't say if the universe was created or born or if it simply awoke, but {poof!} here we are. Some of us believe it is God's work (some creative divinity), others believe it is natural process. I believe only that we can only believe as our hearts tell us to believe, so we ought to respect each others beliefs in all their variety. I think all gods are man-made. We reach for knowledge of what lies beyond our comprehension, so what we end up with is rather like the blind men and the elephant, a best-effort image of something we can see and touch and trust to give us aid.

My on little piece of all this, my own "face of God" is my Goddess Moon who I name Essynia. She is not the most powerful of the aspects of divinity. But she is mine. She is the Queen of Tides and mother of my spirit. And she plays peek-a-boo through the clouds.

Blessed be all who gather in this circle. I look forward to your company and our interesting discussions.

Bran th' Blessed
Bran th' Blessed

Re: Bran th' Blessed

Postby firebirdflys » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:37 pm

Hi there Bran, Merry Meet, welcome and come in
Bran th' Blessed wrote:(I refuse to separate wiccans and witches; they're variations on a theme to me, and I will not support divisiveness.)

I like that, gets a little tiring all that..., I'm a witch but not a wiccan, or I'm a wiccan but not a witch or I'm a wiccan but still a christian and on and on....whew :|
Glad you found us, hope to be chatting with you soon
Many blessings
Den of the Firebird Image
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars, out here we is stoned...Immaculate.
firebirdflys

Postby annie » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:47 pm

welcome hope you enjoy talking with everyone, take care
annie

Postby Bran th' Blessed » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:08 pm

I appreciate very much your kind welcomes, firebirdflys and annie! I feel at home already. Blessings to you both, and to all those you love.

Bran th' Blessed
Bran th' Blessed

Postby BabyBear » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:11 pm

Hello and welcome i rather enjoyed your intro and cant wait to hear your opinions of things here and about

love,
babybear
BabyBear

Location: Waycross/Blackshear, GA native currently living in Glen St. Marry, FL

Postby -Dark-Moon- » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:25 am

Welcome Bran, really happy you are here with us.

Blessings
Dark Moon
I am that which is attained at the end of desire
-Dark-Moon-

Postby Echo_of_shadows » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 am

Merry Meet, Bran. Welcome to the forum. :flyingwitch:
Echo_of_shadows
Ƴσʋ ∂σи'т αℓωαʏƨ κиσω ωнɛяɛ ʏσʋ ƨтαи∂ | 'Ƭιℓ ʏσʋ κиσω тнαт ʏσʋ ωσи'т яʋи αωαʏ -Ƨℓιρκиσт
Echo_of_shadows

Postby Bran th' Blessed » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:53 pm

Thanks again for the welcomes. I am reading up a storm...so much good material here! No conversations yet. Just looking around, getting my bearings. There's lots of substance here. Very good info site. I'll be weeks trying to gather enough in to know my way around the main thoroughfares of this community.

Dark Moon, I bet you had to pay a lot for the internet connection there (at "a distant star")...cable prices being what they are. :-) Now BabyBear is a neighbour of sorts since I'm in Tennessee, but Mushroom Valley? Well, the only mushroom valley I've ever visited, I (shall we say) rode a magic bus with a spotted red top. But maybe there is a real Mushroom Valley somewhere in this world, eh? Incidentally, Echo, I like that Elemental Icon of yours.

Blessing to you all!

Bran
Bran th' Blessed

Postby Starwitch » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:55 pm

Hi Bran (the man!), you sound like an interesting dude. :) Glad you joined us here.

Yeah, the Wiccan/witch/pagan thing can be tiring, especially when you're running a website. You need to have all the different terms on your site so that regardless of which words a person uses in their search they can still find you, but you end up with a rather long list of keywords on every page. Even this forum is named "Witchcraft and Wicca Forum" and that was after I removed "paganism" from the title a few years ago. It used to have all three. So yeah, I'm with you... it's tedious. I wish I could just call every page by the site's real name and not have to use all these keywords, but your site will fall into search engine oblivion if you go that route.

By the way, I'm in the Chattanooga area. :)
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Postby Starwitch » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:04 pm

Bran th' Blessed wrote:Well, the only mushroom valley I've ever visited, I (shall we say) rode a magic bus with a spotted red top. But maybe there is a real Mushroom Valley somewhere in this world, eh?

Haha, I hear ya! ;) smiley_dance And I doubt there's any real Mushroom Valley, but now I'm wondering if her location is a drug reference. I'm guessing it's not. I've met very few witches who've tried psychedelics or any drugs other than perhaps weed, and even that seems to be rare. I don't really get it, but they're mostly straight as an arrow.
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Postby BabyBear » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:20 pm

Ahh its nice to know were neighbors lol im actually from ga but just moved to fl.
BabyBear

Location: Waycross/Blackshear, GA native currently living in Glen St. Marry, FL

Postby Vesca » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:15 pm

welcome :)
Vesca

Postby Echo_of_shadows » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:01 am

Bran th' Blessed wrote:Well, the only mushroom valley I've ever visited, I (shall we say) rode a magic bus with a spotted red top. But maybe there is a real Mushroom Valley somewhere in this world, eh?
Starwitch wrote:Haha, I hear ya! And I doubt there's any real Mushroom Valley, but now I'm wondering if her location is a drug reference. I'm guessing it's not.

:lol: My nickname is Mushroom. :) Mushroom Valley sounds far nicer than Flint, Michigan because Flint has been stuck with the name "Murder City" for some time now. :evil:
Bran th' Blessed wrote:Incidentally, Echo, I like that Elemental Icon of yours.

Thank you! :D I change it quite a bit, usually to reflect the seasons.
Echo_of_shadows
Ƴσʋ ∂σи'т αℓωαʏƨ κиσω ωнɛяɛ ʏσʋ ƨтαи∂ | 'Ƭιℓ ʏσʋ κиσω тнαт ʏσʋ ωσи'т яʋи αωαʏ -Ƨℓιρκиσт
Echo_of_shadows

Postby MysticDreamFaerie » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:29 pm

Hello & Welcome to the Forums! :flyingwitch:
"Healing takes courage, and we all have courage, even if we have to dig a little to find it." ~Tori Amos
MysticDreamFaerie

Return to Member Profiles & Introductions