*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

Blackmore's Night

Share your favorite music and videos here.

Blackmore's Night

Postby [Guardian Wolf] » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:44 pm

Blackmore's Night is a Renaissance inspired band. The person who introduced me to their music was a Wiccan friend. I was wondering if anyone else has ever heard of them?
[Guardian Wolf]

Postby bluecedargrove » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:23 am

Hello Guardian Wolf,
I recently found Blackmore's Night on YouTube. I don't know much about the group but I love the music. If you like the you might also look up Damh the bard he has some great music too.
bluecedargrove

Postby jaelle » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:54 am

Long ago, far away, in the mist of yesterday.....

Lol, "25 Years" is the only song I have. Damn CNET for taking down music.download.com, it was an excellent way for obscure unknowns to get the word out there!

Have you heard Cain Da Breth? Or Chirleison? Fenris Kindir?

I need to get myself a paypal. Then again, I'd probably tie it into my actual account, and spend it all on obscure music cd's.
jaelle

Re: Blackmore's Night

Postby Starwitch Stone » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:49 pm

I recently learned about them too from a Facebook friend. I love their music. I've already bought 3 albums. It's very gypsy-romantic like. Here's the song, "Be Mine Tonight". It is really so pretty.

If you prefer to see the same song live (and see the band) here it is:

That's the first time I've seen them perform. I love the way she looks like Stevie Nicks. Here's another song by Blackmore's Night that I love> It's called "Magical World" and it's about Romeo and Juliet being separated and reuniting in the "magical world"/spirit world. Very romantic.

Or check out this around-the-couch live version:
Visit Everything Under the Moon for Love Spells, Money Spells, & Wicca Spells.
Starwitch Stone

Postby TheNagual » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:47 pm

Just in case there is anyone who didn't realize it, this is the latest brainchild of a man named, Ritchie Blackmore, who composed a little ditty called "Smoke on the Water", while playing in an English band called Deep Purple. It's arguably one of the five most recognizable classic rock songs of all time. His next project, Rainbow, with vocalist Ronnie James Dio, would also achieve worldwide fame almost overnight. And now....Blackmore's Night. The man is a musical genius, and he is no stranger to esoterica.

Deep Purple - Smoke on the Water (album version)

Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow - Temple of the King (album version)

Lots of other links on those pages. And below is a link to a great interview where he talks about his interest in the occult.

http://home.planet.nl/~harrypat/blackmoresnightinterview.html
TheNagual

Postby Starwitch » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:26 pm

Thanks for those links, Nagual. I had done a bit of research on Ritchie Blackmore so I heard about Deep Purple, but I haven't read anything about his occult beliefs yet, so thanks for that link and also the videos. If we hadn't mentioned Deep Purple yet, it was definitely something that needed to be mentioned.

Starwitch
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Postby TheNagual » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:43 pm

No problem. I do what I can.
TheNagual

Return to Music & Videos