*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

Bellia's Book Of Shadows )0(

Start your own thread named "[Name's] Book of Shadows" and add spells, rituals, correspondences, music, videos, etc. that you would like to keep for future use or share with others. Use as many posts as you'd like. It's not private, but at least your family won't see it. You can also get ideas from other people's Books of Shadows.

Re: Bellia's Book Of Shadows )0(

Postby Bellia_Arian » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:24 pm

HOW TO ANOINT CANDLES

If you are trying to attract something, or draw something to you: With oil coated fingertips, start at the bottom of the candle and draw your fingers to the center of the candle. Lift your fingers up, slightly turn the candle, and repeat as many times as necessary to coat the bottom end of the candle. Once you have coated the bottom of the candle start at the top, this time drawing your fingers down toward the center of the candle. You do it this way to draw things toward you.

You may find this method more difficult if you are using a shaped or figure candle, but do your best. While anointing the candle, be certain you are focusing on your intention. If you do not focus mindfully on your purpose, you will not be charging your candle with your purpose.

If your spell is to get rid of, or banish, something: With oil coated fingertips, start at the center of the candle and draw your fingers up to the tip of the candle. Lift your fingers up, slightly turn the candle, and repeat as many times as necessary to coat the top end of the candle. Once you have coated the top of the candle start at the center again, this time drawing your fingers down toward the base of the candle. You do it this way to draw things away from you.

Be certain to use the proper color for your intention.

If you are using different oils for different candles, be certain to wash your hands in between.

ou can overlap 2 or more oils on a single candle if you need to. One reason you may want to do this is to add a spell strengthener (such as Dragon’s Blood) over a purpose oil to increase its potency.

With many types of candle magic it is ideal to burn the candle all the way down. With this in mind, you may want to get smaller candles that will burn quicker. A witch can lose her oomph for a spell if she has to wait 15 hours for the candle to burn .

Visualization is a powerful tool. Don’t be afraid to vividly imagine your desire coming true as you anoint and use your candle.
"Let your courage mount with difficulties.
There would be no will if there were no resistance."
Bellia_Arian

Re: Bellia's Book Of Shadows )0(

Postby Bellia_Arian » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:26 pm

SABBETS

IMBOLC or BRIDE - 1st FEBRUARY
The Festival of Imbolc or Bride, is celebrated around 2nd February by Pagans, and by Christians who call it Candlemas. Imbolc is Irish- Gaelic, translated variously as "in the belly" and "ewe's milk", and represents the quickening of Light and Life.

The first stirrings of the coming of Spring can be seen, as the first flowers (snowdrops and winter aconite) begin to appear. Seeds which have lain dormant within the Earth over the cold Winter months begin to stir with life, as yet unseen. At Imbolc we celebrate the Waking Light of the soul. Our spirits begin to quicken as we anticipate the rebirth of Nature. In Wicca it is the traditional time for initiation. Now is the time for the banishing of Winter and the welcoming of Spring. We welcome the Goddess Who is renewed, reborn as the Flower Maiden. She has passed through Her phase as the Hag, Crone or Wise One, and is a Maiden again. Bride or Brigid is a three-fold Celtic Goddess who has been christianized into St. Brigid, whose day is celebrated on 1st February.

In Ireland, St. Brigid's cross is made of rushes and straw, and goes back to pre-Christian times, representing the Sun Wheel or Fire Wheel. It may also be linked to an ancient ceremony connected with the preparation of the grain for sowing in the Spring. It was believed that the Spirit of the Grain, or the Goddess Herself, resided in the last grain harvested, and the last grain from the Harvest Festival was ritually brought into the house at Imbolc, blessed and planted as the first seed of the next harvest.

The grain may also be made into a female figure, the Brideog (little Brighde) and dressed. Bride's bed is made, and She is welcomed in. The Goddess is seen in Her three aspects at Imbolc, as the new-born Flower Maiden; the Mother, or bride of fertility, awaiting the fertilizing Sun God, and the Dark Crone of the dark half of the year. The sun is growing in strength, the Child of Promise, re-born at Yule, is now the Conquering Child.

What was born at the Solstice begins to manifest, and this is the time for individuation, as we each light our own light, and set ourselves tasks and challenges. We nurture and kindle our resolutions and begin to look outwards again, do outer activity, although first we look deep within to discover what potential lies there waiting to be fulfilled.

Through the weeks ahead the days grow gradually longer, but we are still in the dark half of the year (until Beltaine) and this is the time to develop non-physical skills, such as psychometry, clairvoyance and precognition.

Preparation & Set Up
This Ritual should be performed at dawn or midmorning, or it can be done at dusk. Sweep area, starting in the North and moving deosil, with your magickal broom to cleanse the Circle area and "sweep away" any lingering negative energies. Set up the Quarter candles (North-Green, East-Yellow, South-Red, West-Blue) and/or other items symbolizing the elements at the Four Quarters. Set up your altar as desired, and face it to the North, covering it with a white, red or brown altar cloth. For this ceremony, decorate the altar with white flowers (silk are acceptable), many white candles (as many as you can comfortably fit on your altar - up to 13) or a Candle Wheel, and anything else that feels right. You will also need a Grain Dolly/Corn Dolly dressed as a bride, a Bride's Bed, a Priapic Wand and some acorns or other nuts. Place the Cauldron in the center, with a White candle to the left side of the Cauldron and a Green candle to the right. Along with your usual ritual tools and items, have upon the altar:

White, Red or Brown Altar Cloth
Many White Candles (up to 13, in holders) and/or a Candle Wheel
Grain Dolly/Corn Dolly - dressed as a Bride (to represent Brigid)
A Bride's Bed (a Basket will suffice)
Priapic Wand (acorn-tipped) and some Acorns (or other nuts)
White Flowers (in a Vase, silk are acceptable)
Cauldron - with a White Candle placed to the Left side (in holder)
and a Green Candle to the Right side (in holder)
Imbolc Incense - blends of Frankincense, Myrrh, Jasmine, Camphor, Cinnamon or Lotus

When all is set up, take a shower or bath for purification and don your Ritual Robe or other Ritual attire. Be sure to wear your Magickal jewelry, if you have any. Sit quietly and meditate for a little while - to ground and center. When you feel ready to begin, play some quiet peaceful music for the Ritual.

The Ritual

Cast the Circle... In addition to the God and Goddess candles, light the Candle Wheel. Keep all the other candles out until the appropriate time. Also have the Grain Dolly lying in the Bride's Bed (basket) with the Priapic Wand and the acorns nearby. Sit quietly meditating within the cast Circle for a little while... When you feel ready, begin your ceremony with these words:
"Blessed be this season of Imbolc, Blessed be the Goddess, waiting Bride of the returning Sun God. Mother Earth stirs from Her long slumber. The fields and forests hear Her whisper to awaken. The creatures of Her realms answer Her summons. Everything waits in anticipation for Spring."

Tap the altar gently, three times with your Wand, and say:
"This is the Festival of the Maiden Who gives to all the breath of life. This is a time of waxing light and receding darkness. This is the season of purification, a renewing of life. This is the time of the quickening. At this time and in this place between the worlds, I come into the presence of the Lord and the Lady that I may gain wise and truthful counsel." Now comes a time of silent meditation while you ask the God and Goddess for inspiration and guidance for the future...

When you feel ready, tap the altar again gently with the Wand, three times and say:
"O Ancient Ones, I know my life's path is within Your keeping. Only with Your help and guidance can I hope to avoid any pitfalls and reach my destination safely."

Light the White Candle on the left side of the Cauldron and say these words:
"I salute the glorious Maiden Goddess, Preparer of new life out of darkness. This is Her Season of the Wheel of the Year when She spreads Her blessings over the land."

Light the Green Candle on the right side of the Cauldron and say these words:
"Behold, the Lord of the Forests caresses the dreaming Earth. As there is a renewal within the plants and animals, so shall there be renewal in my life also."

Take up your athame and touch the tip of it to the heart of the Grain Dolly, and say:
"Groom of Heaven and Earth, come now to claim your waiting Bride."

Kneel before the altar, and using the Candle Wheel, light all of the many White Candles that are around you. This symbolizes the young Goddess turning the Wheel of the Year back to Spring. Then say:
"From this union comes the Light of the World. Be fruitful, oh Bride, and turn our Earth gently again to Spring."

Toss the acorns into the Bed with the Bride. (The nuts are a fertility symbol and are meant to seal the words you have just spoken.) Then gently lay the Priapic Wand across the Grain Dolly, forming an "X", and as you do, saying:
"Blessed be the Sun God, coming back to us this day."

Lift the Candle Wheel and carry it clockwise around the Circle with you at least three times, to symbolize the coming of the Light.

Sit and quietly reflect or meditate on the meaning of this Sabbat to you. When you feel ready, continue by placing the beverage-filled Chalice upon the Pentacle for a few moments, then lift it high, saying:
"O Great Triple Goddess and Great Horned God, Make my life fertile with insight, good health, prosperity, and magickal power. Honor to Thee, O Ancient Ones! Merry meet and merry part and Merry meet again.

So Mote It Be!"

Drink from the Chalice, pour a Libation to the Lord and the Lady and save some to be put outside for the little people. When you are finished, proceed with the Cakes and Ale Ceremony. followed by Releasing the Circle in your usual manner.

EOSTRE: THE SPRING EQUINOX - 21st MARCH
This festival is named after the Anglo-Saxon Goddess Eostre or Eastre, also known in Old German as Ostara. Little is known about this Goddess, except that her festival was celebrated at the Spring Equinox, and became Easter, and that She was a Goddess of fertility, and was connected with hares and eggs.

Preparation & Set Up

This Ritual shall be performed either in the morning, at Dawn, or during the day sometime, or during the early evening hours, just after Sunset. Sweep area, starting in the North and moving deosil, with your magickal broom to cleanse the Circle area and "sweep away" any lingering negative energies. Set up the Quarter candles (North-Green, East-Yellow, South-Red, West-Blue) and/or other items symbolizing the elements at the Four Quarters. Set up your altar as desired, and face it to the North, covering it with a white, light green, lemon yellow or a pale pink altar cloth. For this ceremony, decorate the altar with Springtime flowers of any color (silk are acceptable), along with a Spring basket filled with brightly-colored Pagan Ostara Eggs. Along with your usual ritual tools and items, have upon the altar:

White, Light Green, Lemon Yellow or a Pale Pink Altar Cloth Spring Basket filled with Brightly-colored Pagan Ostara Eggs Spring Flowers (for decoration) A New Plant or a Seed or Seedling to be planted within your cast Circle - you will also need some soil and a pot (as a Spring gift to yourself) Pen and Paper (for writing out your desires for the coming year) Cauldron for Burning the "Seed" Papers in (light each one from the Fire candle) A Bell Ostara Incense - Spring Blend, or Jasmine, Rose, Sage, or Strawberry Sticks

When all is set up, take a shower or bath for purification and don your Ritual Robe or other Ritual attire. Be sure to wear your Magickal jewelry, if you have any. Sit quietly and meditate for a little while - to ground and center. When you feel ready to begin, play some quiet peaceful music for the Ritual.

The Ritual

Cast the Circle... begin the Ostara Sabbat Ceremony by sitting quietly for a few moments, then say these words aloud in dedication:

"Winter's bareness has subsided, from the death of Winter springs new life! Spring is coming to the land. The days grow longer, warm breezes begin to stir... All around me I see signs--- The growing things are beginning anew. It is a resurrection of the dance of life--- The dance of the stems and stalks As they push forth from the Earth. It is the season of creation. Growth has turned outward. The land has become fertile again. The Earth is caressed by the loving touch of the Mother. Where Her hand passes: Atoms twine together to create growth. Buds burst open, leaves and vines unfurl. She creates a vision of green beauty. Beauty so breath-taking after the dark solitude of Winter. It is this vision that we celebrate on Her day of Ostara. The world recreating itself--- Returning from the death of Winter, Into the new life of Spring Through the love of the Lord and the Lady."

Sit quietly again and reflect on the meaning of the Spring Season for a few moments. When you are ready, pick up your wand and hold it in your power hand, face the North and with your arms outstretched and say:
"The time of change is upon us again - the Equinox comes, the Wheel turns... The Wheel of the Year turns on and on, bringing us all to and from each Season, and from and to another... What will be is. What was will be. All time is here and now in this Sacred Space. I now pause to watch the Wheel turn, and cast this Circle on this blessed day/eve. to celebrate this season of balance known as Ostara, the Vernal Equinox - the time of new birth and new beginnings. In this moment between time, I come to praise the bountiful young Goddess. and Her son-lover, the Great Horned God of renewal. for Their blessings of fertility, warmth and life renewed. I wish to give thanks and feel myself as a part of the relentlessly turning Wheel of Life, Death, and Rebirth."

Pause and reflect for a few moments, then continue, saying:
"O Great God of Strength, New Beginnings, and Fertility, who has been known as Cernunnos, Herne, Pan, the Great Horned God, and the Lord of the Forests - Grant me strength, power, and understanding, throughout this season and always. O Great Goddess of Love, New Beginnings, and Fertility, who has been known as Blodeuwedd, Eostre, Astarte, Aphrodite, and the Maiden Lady of the Moon - Teach me the secrets of the Mysteries and the ways of magick."

Still holding the wand in your power hand, pause and reflect again for a few moments, then say these words:
"Behold, the Lord and Lady of life and the giver of life. Without Her Lord, the Goddess is barren. Without His Lady, the God has no life. Each is needful of the other for completion and power, as Sun to Earth, the spear to the cauldron, spirit to flesh, human to human."

Rap the side of the cauldron lightly with the wand, say:
"O Great Goddess, be with me now. in your aspect of the Maiden, the fair one who brings joy and new life."

Ring the bell once and say:
"O Great God of renewal, be with me now. in your aspect of the Lord of the Forests, the Horned God who brings warmth and love."

Rap the cauldron once more with the wand and say:
"May the strength of the old enter into the new. Great Lord and Lady, make all things strong and giving of new life. Blessed be."

Pick up the burning incense and carry it once more around the Circle deosil. Set it back down and say these words:
"Awake! All creatures in the realm of Earth, awake! Greet the Maiden and Her Lover, who herald the coming of Spring."

At this time, symbolically present yourself with your new Springtime gift - the potted plant (or plant the actual seed or seedling in the soil and then present it to yourself). Say these words:
"As this tiny plant/seed/seedling begins its life anew, so do I now begin to manifest my new desires for the coming year."

Pick up your athame and touch its tip to the paper, and say:
"Now I cast behind me the darkness of Winter and the past. I look only to that which lies ahead. This is the time for me to plant seeds in the physical, mental, as well as spiritual realms."

Now write down your desires for the coming year on the slips of paper. Write only one desire on each piece of paper. Fold the papers and hold them up over the altar in offering to the Old Gods. Say these words:
"This is a joyous time, a time for planting. With joy and trust, I place these requests in the hands of the Goddess and Her Lord."

Light the papers afire in the flame of the Fire candle and drop them one by one into the cauldron to manifest as the Gods see fit. As you do so, say:
"These thought-seeds I do willingly place into the hands of the Lady and Her Lord, that these desires and dreams may manifest and become reality. By the free will of All, and with harm to none, as I will, so shall it be done."

When you are finished, proceed with the Cakes and Ale Ceremony, followed by Releasing the Circle in your usual manner.

This Completes the Ostara Sabbat Ritual.

BELTAINE - 1st MAY
"This is the time when sweet desire weds wild delight. The Maiden of Spring and the Lord of the Waxing Year meet in the greening fields and rejoice together under the warm Sun. The shaft of life is twined in the spiral web and all of nature is renewed. We meet in the time of flowering, to dance the dance of Life" ýÓ Starhawk,

Preparation & Set Up

This Ritual shall be performed at whatever time of day or night you prefer. The corresponding time would be midmorning, as dawn represents Springtime, and noon does Summertime. Sweep area, starting in the North and moving deosil, with your magickal broom to cleanse the Circle area and "sweep away" any lingering negative energies. Set up the Quarter candles (North-Green, East-Yellow, South-Red, West-Blue) and/or other items symbolizing the elements at the Four Quarters. Set up your altar as desired, and face it to the North, covering it with a white or dark green altar cloth. For this ceremony, decorate the altar with seasonal flowers of any color of the rainbow spectrum (silk are acceptable), along with whatever else feels right. In addition to your usual tools and props, upon the altar should be:

White or Dark Green Altar Cloth
Symbol or Statue to represent your Household Guardian
Small Cauldron with a Dark Green Candle inside
A Bell
Wood Chips from Birch, Oak, Rowan (Ash), Willow, Hawthorne, Hazel, Apple, Vine and Fir (to burn in the cauldron)
(Note: it is not absolutely necessary to get all of these different woods, but do the best you can.)
Athame (for Great Rite Ceremony)
Chalice (for Great Rite Ceremony)
Incense - Any of the following either alone or mixed together:
Lilac, Jasmine, Frankincense, Myrrh, Dragon's Blood, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Sage, Strawberry, Orange Peel, and Rose Petals
(and charcoal if using powdered or granulated incense)

The Ritual

Cast the Circle... begin the Beltane Sabbat Ceremony by sitting quietly for a few moments, then say these words aloud:
"Blessed be this day of Beltane, Wedding day of the Goddess and the God. Holy day of Sacred Marriage, Holy night of Sacred Union. The fertile Goddess of Summer walks through the land With the Great Horned God of the Forest, And the dark time of Winter is behind me.

Ring the bell seven times, then continue, saying:
"The animals breed and the plants pollinate, As the May Queen and Green Man bestow Their blessings upon the Earth and Earth's creatures. I, (magickal name) who am Their child, rejoice with Them and ask that Their happy union become the example for all humanity to live in love and harmony."

Light the candle in the cauldron and say:
"The dark days are cleared away so that the May Day can now begin!"

As you drop the wood chips one by one into the flame in the cauldron, state the properties of each, as follows... (be careful, and use a small cauldron that can be covered with a snuffer or lid in case things get out of hand --- you don't need to use a lot of chips, just a little for the symbology). Say:
"I burn thee Birch to honor the Goddess; and now add thee Oak to honor the God. Thou Rowan I add for a magickal life; and add thee Willow to celebrate death. Thou Hawthorne I burn for fairies near me; thou Hazel I burn for wisdom you bring. I add thee good Apple to bring me love; and thou Vine whose fruit is the symbol of joy. Fir you are added as the symbol of rebirth; your sweet scent reminds me of my immortality. My blessings I give to all of thee, and thy blessings I call from thee upon me. So as I will, So Mote It Be!"

At this point, you will perform the Great Rite (symbolically). Some Wiccan Traditions insist that a Pagan working solitary cannot properly perform this act. Since the act is a symbolic one, there is no reason you cannot make it a part of your ceremony alone. Take your athame in your right hand, and your chalice in your left, and hold them in front of you. See them as the Earthly vessels of deity. Now say these words:
"I greet the time of unions and give honor to the Lord and the Lady for Their fruitfulness! Tonight (today) I witness the marriage of my Goddess and God. May Their union be fertile and productive!"

Slowly lower the athame blade into the chalice and feel the union of the deities. Say:
"As They are one, They become one. As They become one, They are one. And I am also one with Them."

Raise the athame and chalice, still united, to your forehead to honor this union of the three of you. Place them back upon the altar. Now dance or at least march around the altar, beginning in the North, and moving deosil. Pause to greet each Elemetal quarter with outstretched arms. Move back in front of the altar when you are finished. Now pick up the symbol of your house Guardian, concentrate on these words, as you say aloud:
"Lovely Lady and Great Horned Lord, I present to You the Guardian of this house which is my home. I have invited this Special Spirit into my home as my protector and helper in all things. I honor this Spirit in this symbol of its being. Great Ones, bless this Guardian of this Home. And to Your blessings, I add my thanks. Blessed be!"

You should now lightly anoint the Guardian symbol or statue with some appropriate oil. If the symbol is such that it cannot be oiled, at least swing the smoking incense burner around it.

When you have finished and you are ready, the time is now here to perform any works of magick or spells, follow then by the Cakes & Ale Ceremony, and finally, Releasing the Circle.

LITHA: SUMMER SOLSTICE - 21st JUNE
At the Summer Solstice the sun is at its highest and brightest and the day is at its longest. The Lord of Light has fought the powers of darkness, and is triumphant, ensuring fertility in the land. But in so doing so, He sows the seeds of His own death. The Wheel turns and the Dark God (the Holly King) begins to wax in power as the Light God (Oak King) wanes.

Preparation & Set Up

This Ritual shall be performed during the bright, sunny daytime hours. Alternately, it would also be acceptable to begin at precisely the astronomical time that the Summer Solstice actually begins. The exact time that the Sun enters Cancer, marks the precise moment of the beginning of Summer (check your calendar or almanac for current year). This particular Litha Ritual contains a cleansing/purification of Self, a Pet Blessing, a Re-Dedication Ceremony, and a Consecration of your Magickal Jewelry.

Prior to the ritual, prepare a small cloth pouch of herbs, such as lavender and chamomile. As you prepare it, pour into it your troubles, problems, pains, sorrows and illnesses. Place it on your altar for later use. In addition to your basic altar and circle set-up, place the cauldron in front of the altar. To the right of the cauldron, place a red candle, and to the left of the cauldron, place a green candle. Have a cup of fresh spring water ready to place into the cauldron later in the ceremony. Also - if you choose to include a Pet Blessing - have a picture of your pet and his or her Blessing Gift, placed upon the Pentacle.

Sweep the area, starting in the North and moving deosil, with your magickal broom to cleanse the Circle area and "sweep away" any lingering negative energies. Set up the Quarter candles (North-Green, East-Yellow, South-Red, West-Blue) and/or other items symbolizing the elements at the Four Quarters. Set up your altar as desired, and face it to the North, covering it with a white or golden yellow altar cloth. For this ceremony, decorate the altar with seasonal flowers - especially sunflowers - although any flowers are fine (silk are also acceptable), along with whatever else feels right. In addition to your usual tools and props, upon the altar should be:

Golden Yellow Altar Cloth
Prepared Small Cloth Pouch of Herbs, such as Lavender and Chamomile
Cauldron, with a cup of fresh Spring Water, ready to place into it later
Red Sun God Candle (in holder on the right side of the Cauldron)
Green Earth Goddess Candle (in holder on the left side of the Cauldron)
Your Pet's Picture
Your Pet's Blessing Gift
Incense - Summer Blend - any combination of Frankincense, Myrrh, Sandalwood, Lemon, Pine, Jasmine, Rose, Lotus, or Wysteria

The Ritual

Pick up your wand, and with arms upraised, face the South and say:
"I celebrate the noon of Summer with this rite held in honor of the Blazing God of the Sun... All of nature vibrates with the fertile energies of the Goddess and the God. The Earth is bathed with the warmth, and light and life of the Sun. The Wheel of the Year turns again... since Yule the light has been growing ever stronger. At Ostara the light finally became greater than the dark, and the light has kept on growing until today, the middle of the time of light, Litha, Midsummer. From here, the light begins to fade again, until once more, the Wheel will turn to darkness and Yule will return. Today the Sun is high, the Light is bright, the Earth is warm. As the Lord of the Sun blazes above, the Fires of my celebration shall flame below."

Return the wand to its place on the altar. Light the green candle to the left of the cauldron, saying:
"O Green Forest Mother, Meadow Mother, Great One of the Stars and the Moon, Spinner of Fates, I give honor to you, and ask your Blessings here."

Light the red candle to the right of the cauldron, saying:
"O Great Red Sun God, Forest Father, God of Fertility and Plenty, be here with me now. I give honor to you, and ask your Blessings here."

Lift the small pouch of herbs from the altar, hold it aloft, saying:
"O fiery Sun, burn away the unuseful, the hurtful, the troublesome, the painful, the sickness, and ill luck. PURIFY ME!"

Hold it over the main altar candle to light it afire. When it is burning, drop it into the cauldron, saying:
"By the powers of the Great Goddess and the Great God, by the powers of the Great Spirit of All-That-Is, by the powers of Earth, Air, Fire and Water, and by the powers of the Sun, Moon and Stars... I BANISH THESE BANES FROM MY LIFE!"

Visualize the negative energies burning away to nothing. When the pouch and the herbs have been consumed by the flames, place the container of water into the cauldron on top of the ashes. Say:
"As the Phoenix rises from the ashes, so let this water be pure and new, for this is the sacred cauldron of the Triple Goddess. O Great Mother Goddess, bless this water, so that its touch may bless and renew, even as the rays of the Midsummer Sun nourish and bless all life."

Pass your hands and arms between the two candles, over the cauldron, making wishes for luck, health, prosperity, and many other good things for your life.

At this time, you may wish to bless pets or other animals in your life by moving the candles out away from the cauldron, and leading each animal between the candle flames, while saying:
"By these symbols of the Midsummer bonfires, I do bless this animal friend and companion, (state animal's name), in the ways of my ancestors, that he/she may be blessed with health and goodness throughout his/her years upon the Earth."

If desired, place a previously consecrated and blessed amulet around the animal's neck.

Kneel before the altar, place a pinch of salt on your tongue, and say:
"I, (magickal name), rededicate myself to the Pagan Way, to the Goddess and the God, who together form the Great Spirit, the All-That-Is, whose combined power is strong and vital here. I give my word-bond to follow the ancient paths that lead to true wisdom and knowledge. I will serve the Great Goddess, and give reverence to the Great God. I am a Pagan, a Witch, a Wiccan... a stone of the ancient circle, standing firmly balanced upon the Earth, yet open to the winds of the heavens, and enduring through time. May the Blessed Goddess and God witness my words."

Face the North and say:
"Behold, O Powers of Earth, Spirits of the North, I, (magickal name), rededicate myself to the Lady of the Moon, and the Lord of the Sun."

Face the East and say:
"Behold, O Powers of Air, Spirits of the East, I, (magickal name), rededicate myself to the Lady of the Moon, and the Lord of the Sun."

Face the South and say:
"Behold, O Powers of Fire, Spirits of the South, I, (magickal name), rededicate myself to the Lady of the Moon, and the Lord of the Sun."

Face the West and say:
"Behold, O Powers of Water, Spirits of the West, I, (magickal name), rededicate myself to the Lady of the Moon, and the Lord of the Sun."

Dip the forefinger of your power hand into the cauldron water, and trace a pentagram, and/or, a crescent moon on your forehead, saying:
"Let my mind be open to the truth."

Anoint your lips, saying:
"Let my lips speak the Truth, except that they be silent among the unbelievers where there may be harm."

Anoint your heart, saying:
"Let my heart seek the ways of the Goddess always."

Anoint the centers of your palms, saying:
"Let my hands be gifted to work in magickal ways."

Anoint the soles of your feet, saying:
"Let my feet ever walk upon the sacred paths."

Place your magickal jewelry upon the pentacle, sprinkle it (lightly) with the salted water, then pass it through the flame of the candle and the smoke of the incense. Place it around your neck, saying:
"This (these) magickal emblem(s) I shall wear for all things magickal. Bless this (these) pendant(s), O Great Goddess and Great God, that I may be blessed and protected in all ways whenever I shall wear it."

Now is the time for meditation and any spellworkings you may desire to end your Sun celebration. Good Midsummer spellworkings include: prosperity, fertility, good harvest...

When you have finished and you are ready, follow the spellwork (if you performed any) by the Cakes & Ale Ceremony, and finally, Releasing the Circle.

LUGHNASADH - 1st AUGUST
Lughnasadh or Lammas is celebrated on August eve or August 1st and is the festival of the first of the harvests. Lammas is the Anglo-Saxon name for the festival, meaning Loaf mass. Lughnasadh is the festival of Lugh, a Celtic God of Light and Fire and God of crafts and skills. His Welsh form is Llew Law Gyffes, and in the Mabinogion story of Blodeuwidd and Llew, the theme of Llew as the sacrificed God can be seen (we need of course to consider the pre-Christian origins of the story).

Preparation & Set Up

This Ritual can be performed either during the day, perhaps late afternoon, or during the early evening hours just after Sunset. Sweep area, starting in the North and moving deosil, with your magickal broom to cleanse the Circle area and "sweep away" any lingering negative energies. You may want to outline the perimeter of your Circle with corn meal, the grain most sacred to this Sabbat.

Set up the Quarter candles (North-Green, East-Yellow, South-Red, West-Blue) and/or other items symbolizing the elements at the Four Quarters (use a compass if not permanently marked out). Set up your altar as desired, and face it to the North, covering it with the golden yellow altar cloth.

For this Ceremony, you may want to have upon the altar items from the harvest, particularly corn and other grains. In honor to the Sun Gods, you may also want to place golden stones and Sun Wheels upon the altar. You will also need a loaf of bread - preferably cornbread, and some sort of juice or wine. You will also need a plate or bowl to remove the harvest offering. In addition to your usual tools and props, upon the altar should be:

Golden Yellow, Orange, or Red Altar Cloth
Sun (God) and Moon (Goddess) Candle Holders, with Gold and Silver Candles, respectively. (Or whatever colors you prefer to represent the deities)
Incense, Summer Blend or Horned God Incense
Ears of Corn, Squash and other Harvest Items
Golden Stones (such as citrine, amber, tiger's eye, carnelian, topaz... )
Sun Wheels or Sun Symbols of some sort
Small Loaf of Bread (preferably Cornbread - for the Ritual)
Anything else personally deemed appropriate or necessary

When all is set up, take a shower or bath for purification and don your ritual robe or other ritual attire. Be sure to wear your magickal jewelry. Sit quietly and meditate for a little while - to ground and center before beginning the Ritual. When you feel ready to begin, play some soothing, peaceful music for the ritual.

The Ritual

After the Circle is cast, begin the Lughnassadh Sabbat Ceremony... Pick up your Wand and hold it in your power (right) hand, face the North and with your arms outstretched (kneel or stand) and when you feel ready, begin your ceremony with these words:
"The Wheel of the Year turns on and on, bringing us all to and from each Season, and from and to another. What will be is. What was will be. All time is here and now in this Sacred Space.

I now pause to watch the Wheel turn and cast this Circle on this blessed eve to celebrate the Season of Lughnassadh - the First Harvest - when the bounties of Nature give of themselves so that we may survive. I come here now to praise the bountiful Goddess and the benevolent God. I wish to give thanks for the bounty of the fertile Earth, and to feel myself as a part of the relentlessly turning wheel of life, death and rebirth.

O Great God of the Ripening Fields, who has been known as Lugh, Tammuz, Adonis, Attis and Dionysus - Grant me the understanding of sacrifice as you prepare to deliver yourself to the lands of Eternal Summer.

O Great Goddess of the Corn and Grain, who has been known as Brigit, Ishtar, Aphrodite, Astarte and Demeter - Teach me the secrets of rebirth as the Sun wanes in its strength and the nights grow cold."

Place your Wand back in its place on the altar. Spread your hands out over the harvested foods on the altar and say these words:
"Blessed be the bounty of the harvest, fruit of the womb of the Goddess. Blessed be Mother Earth. Today I honor the deities in their aspects as the Grain God and the Corn Mother."

Pick up the loaf of bread (hopefully cornbread) and say these words:
"Blessed be the harvest, manifestation of the sacred marriage of the deities. Blessed be the fruitful Corn Mother. Blessed be the God of the Harvest. I partake of the First Harvest, mixing its energies with mine, that I may continue on my quest for the Starry Wisdom of the Mysteries. Many blessings I have been given. I count them now by this bread of the grain of Mother Earth."

Now name all the things you are currently thankful for, one by one. This part of the ritual should be spontaneous - DO NOT use a script for this, go with your heart. With each thing that you name, break off a piece of the bread (or cornbread) and eat it. Sip from the goblet of fruit juice as well. When you are finished doing this, say these words:
"Thank you Great Mother and Great Father. O Lady of the Moon and Lord of the Sun, gracious Ones around whom all of life spins its thread. I offer my thanks for the continuing fertility of the Earth. May the blowing grain lose its seeds to be buried in Mother Earth, ensuring rebirth in the warmth of the coming Spring. I ask that you humbly accept my offering of this bread and juice. I offer it to Mother Earth, and to her consort, the God. And I ask that it may also be used to feed the faeries of the fields and the animals of the woodlands."

With these last words, place some of the bread and pour some juice into the libation bowl. Cup your hands around the offering (libation bowl) and say:
"I consecrate this offering back to the Blessed Mother Nature from whom it came, to her consort, the Great Horned God of Nature, Her animals and Her fairy beings. Blessed Be. Offerings given in love return three times over. Blessed Be this gathering, the giver and the gift."

After a brief pause to catch your breath, continue with these words:
"All things have their Season. Tonight the Wheel has brought us to the Season of Harvest, a time of beauty and time of toil. A time to reflect on the Summer and a time to prepare for the Winter ahead. To everything there is a Season; a time for every purpose under the heavens; a time to be born; a time to die; a time to plant; a time to harvest; A time to destroy; a time to heal and rebuild; A time to cry; a time to laugh; a time to grieve; a time to dance; a time for scattering stones; a time for gathering stones; a time to embrace; a time to stay back; a time to find; a time to lose; a time for keeping; a time for throwing away; a time to tear; a time to repair; a time to keep silent; a time to speak up; a time to love; a time to hate; a time for war; a time for peace. Blessed Be the Great Mother whose womb contains and births all life. Blessed Be the Grain God whose seed plants all life. Blessed Be the grain of the Earth, and Blessed Be this Season of Lughnassadh!"

Now is the time for meditation and any spellworkings you may need or desire to end your Sabbat celebration. Good Lammas spellworkings include: connectedness, career, health, and financial gain. If no spellwork is to be done at this time, then proceed with the Cakes and Ale Ceremony, followed by Releasing the Magick Circle.

MODRON: THE AUTUMNAL EQUINOX - 21st SEPTEMBER
The two equinoxes are times of equilibrium. Day and night are equal and the tide of the year flows steadily, but whilst the Spring Equinox manifests the equilibrium before action, the Autumnal Equinox represents the repose after action, the time to take satisfaction in the work of the summer and reap its benefits.

Preparation & Set Up

This Ritual is best performed during the early evening hours, just after Sunset, as this is the time of day which corresponds to the time of year. Sweep area, starting in the North and moving deosil, with your magickal broom to cleanse the Circle area and "sweep away" any lingering negative energies. Lay out the circumference of your Circle with cord, stones, etc., as necessary.

Set up the Quarter candles (North-Green, East-Yellow, South-Red, West-Blue) and/or other items symbolizing the elements at the Four Quarters (use a compass if not permanently marked out). Set up your altar as desired, and face it to the North, covering it with the red altar cloth. Place all of the items listed below in their proper places upon it. For this ceremony, decorate the altar with the cornucopia filled with harvest items, and whatever else feels right. In addition to your usual tools and props, upon the altar should be:

Red or Brown Altar Cloth
Cornucopia filled with Fruits and Vegetables of the Harvest
A Red Apple
Bolline or another Sharp Knife (for cutting the Apple)
Altar Pentacle or a Plate (to cut the apple on)
A Bell
A Second Wand decorated with Colored Ribbons
(to use in the Demeter/Persephone portion of the ritual)
A Wicker Basket (to carry the Decorated Wand in)
Incense - Any of the following either alone or mixed together to make an Autumn Blend:
Frankincense, Aloes Wood, Jasmine, Cinnamon, Musk,Cloves, Benzoin, Myrrh, and Sage

When all is set up, take a shower or bath for purification and don your ritual robe or other ritual attire. Be sure to wear your magickal jewelry. Sit quietly and meditate for a little while - to ground and center before beginning the Ritual. When you feel ready to begin, play some quiet peaceful music for the ritual.

The Ritualb>

After the Circle is cast, begin the Mabon Sabbat Ceremony by sitting quietly for a few moments, then say these words aloud in dedication:
"Lady Autumn, Queen of the Harvest, I have seen You in the setting Sun, with Your long auburn tresses blowing in the cool air that surrounds You. Your crown of golden leaves is jeweled with amber, amethyst, and rubies. Your long, flowing purple robe stretches across the horizon. In Your hands You hold the ripened fruits. At Your feet the squirrels gather acorns. Black crows perch on Your outstretched arms. All around You the leaves are falling. You sit upon Your throne and watch the dying fires of the setting Sun shine forth its final colors in the sky. The purple and orange lingers and glows like burning embers. Then all colors fade into the twilight. Lady Autumn, You are here at last. I thank You for Your rewards. I have worked hard for these gifts. Lady Autumn, now grant me peace and rest."

Sit quietly again and reflect on the meaning of the Autumn Season for a little while.

When you are ready, pick up your wand and hold it in your power hand, face the North and with your arms outstretched (kneel or stand) and say:
"The Wheel of the Year turns on and on, bringing us all to and from each Season, and from and to another. What will be is. What was will be. All time is here and now in this Sacred Space.

I now pause to watch the Wheel turn and cast this Circle on this blessed eve to celebrate the Season of Mabon, the Autumnal Equinox - the time of the Second Harvest. In this moment between time, I come to praise the bountiful aging Goddess and Her consort, the God of the Harvest. I wish to give thanks and feel myself as a part of the relentlessly turning wheel of life, death, and rebirth.

O Great God of Wine and the Harvest, who has been known as Mabon, Dionysus, Bacchus, and Thor - Grant me strength and understanding throughout this season and always.

O Great Goddess of the Harvest and the Underworld, who has been known as Demeter, Persephone, Modron, and Morgan - Teach me the secrets of the Mysteries and the ways of magick."

Place your wand back in its place on the altar.

Spread your hands out over the Harvest Altar and say these words:
"The time of change is upon us again - the Equinox comes, the Wheel turns...

The Goddess and the God prepare for Their journey to the Otherworld, as the Earth and all of Her children prepare for the time of quiet and reflection that lies ahead...

May I use this Autumnal period to seek for the strength and power within to assist me on my own quest for vision, feeling, and peace...

May I see and feel the presence of the Goddess and the God within, though without, the Earth begins Her slumber...

Keep me in Your light..."

Lower your arms and sit quietly meditating again for a while.

When you are ready, stand at your altar facing the North and raise your arms in greeting. Say:
"Between the worlds I build this sacred altar. Outside of time, this rite leads to the ancient way. Where I may find Demeter of high Olympus And conjure magick great. Be here, I say."

Place the decorated wand in the wicker basket and carry it to the North. Say:
"Persephone returns to the Underworld. Weep not, Earth Mother, For the Divine Child of love is here."

Carry the basket to the East; say:
"Persephone returns to the Underworld. Although the Light is fading, It shall return to the Earth."

Take the basket to the South; say:
"Persephone returns to the Underworld. The cold of winter comes, But only for a short time."

Finish by carrying the basket to the West; say:
"Persephone returns to the Underworld. The Earth shall lie in slumber Until the Light of this Divine Child Once more grows in strength and shines full upon us."

Place the basket on the floor before the altar. Ring the bell three times.

Take your bolline in your power hand and the apple in the other. Say:
"Reveal to me your hidden secrets That I may come to understand your sacred Mysteries."

Set the apple on the altar pentacle (or plate) and cut it crosswise (with the bolline) to reveal the pentagram in the core. Contemplate this hidden sacred symbol for several moments. Then say:
"In life is death, in death life. All must follow the sacred dance into the cauldron, Time after time, to die and be reborn. Help me to remember that Every beginning has an ending And that every ending has a new beginning."

Take a bite of the apple. What is left put outside later to share with the birds. Say:
"Holy Mother, Demeter, Comfort and protect me in my times of tribulation. Instruct me into the Mysteries. You, with your daughter Persephone, have the power To lead me to new understanding."

Now is the time for meditation and any spellworkings you may need or desire to end your Sabbat celebration. Appropriate Spellwork for Mabon include those for protection, wealth and prosperity, security and spells to bring a feeling of self-confidence. If no spellwork is to be done at this time, then proceed with the Cakes and Ale Ceremony, followed by Releasing the Magick Circle.

SAMHAIN - 31st OCTOBER
Samhain, or Halloween, is the death festival, marking the descent of Winter. The leaves are falling from the trees in drifts, and life is drawn away from the surface of the earth, and descends deep into the earth. Life is now in the roots and bulbs of plants which rest over the Winter. The Horned God who was Lord of Life and the Wild Greenwood has now truly taken His throne as Lord of the Underworld, the dread Lord of Shadows, the comforter of souls.

Preparation & Set Up

This Ritual shall be performed during the evening hours, sometime after Sunset. Sweep area, starting in the North and moving deosil, with your magickal broom to cleanse the Circle area and "sweep away" any lingering negative energies. Set up the Quarter candles (North-Green, East-Yellow, South-Red, West-Blue) and/or other items symbolizing the elements at the Four Quarters. Set up your altar as desired, and face it to the North, covering it with the orange-and-black altar cloth. Place all of the items listed below in their proper places upon it. For this ceremony, decorate the altar with photographs, obituaries and other mementos of loved ones who have passed on (Family, Friends and Pets), and whatever else feels right.

In addition to your usual tools and props, upon the altar should be:

Orange and/or Black Altar Cloth
Photographs, Obituaries and other Mementos from Loved Ones (Family, Friends and Pets) who have passed on...
Three Candles in Holders for the Triple Goddess (1 White, 1 Red, and 1 Black - placed on the Left side of the Altar)
Three Candles in Holders for the Triple God (1 Yellow, 1 Green, and 1 Black - placed on the Right side of the Altar)
Cauldron with a Black Candle inside
An Apple and a Bolline (or other Sharp Knife to cut it with)
Food and Drink of your choice for sharing the Feast with the Departed Ones...
Incense, Autumnal Blend using any combination of the following, or simply use one alone:
Mint, Nutmeg, Sage, Apple, and Heliotrope

When all is set up, take a shower or bath for purification and don your ritual robe or other ritual attire. Be sure to wear your magickal jewelry. Sit quietly and meditate for a little while - to ground and center before beginning the Ritual. When you feel ready to begin, play some quiet peaceful music for the ritual.

The Ritual

Cast the Circle... Sit quietly meditating within the cast Circle for a little while... When you feel ready, begin by turning to the three candles on the left side of the altar, saying:
"I light three candles for the Triple Goddess... ...the Great Lady of Three Aspects.”

Light the White Candle, saying:
"Glorious Maiden, Goddess of youth and new beginnings, dawn, and the planted seed...

Light the Red Candle, saying:
"Great Mother, Goddess of magick and plenty, love and knowledge."

Light the Black Candle, saying:
"Dark Crone, wise Goddess of the night, death and rebirth. I welcome the Goddess in all Her forms."

Turn to the three candles on the right side of the altar, saying:
"I light three candles for the Triple God... ...Great Lord of many faces.

Light the Yellow Candle, saying:
"Bright Sun King, God of success and plenty..."

Light the Green Candle, saying:
"Horned God of the Woodlands, God of fertility and growth..."

Light the Black Candle, saying:
"Dark Lord of the Underworld, God of protection and rest... I welcome the God in all His forms."

With the Wand in your power hand, tap the Cauldron five times. Raise your arms over the altar and say:
"Dark Goddess, Lord of Death, I ask Your blessings. Lift the Veil for me so that I may greet my Loved Ones who have passed on, Friends, family and pets who have gone ahead into your realms. Let only those who wish me well enter this Circle.”

Touch the plate (or basket) of food with the Wand, saying:
"This is the night of the Feast of the Dead, the night of the wheel-turning year that brings us to the Thin Veil. The gates between the worlds stand open this night. I honor my Loved Ones whose voices come to me on the whispering wind. The Veil is lifted this night so that all may once more rejoice together in fellowship. All those who wish me well, welcome to my Circle As we eat, may we remember the eternal presence of the Gods, and may we remember that what we call death is but a fleeting existence in the cycle of birth, death and rebirth."

Place the plate (or basket) of food on the Pentacle. Light the black candle in the Cauldron, say:
"I ask all who have gathered here to join me in this feast. This is a time of remembrance of all those gone into the realm of the Dark Mother and the Dark Lord. May I always have good health, prosperity and happiness.”

Eat a little of the food and drink some of the fruit juice. Anything left after the ritual must be placed outside or buried.

Sit silently now and think of family, friends, and pets who have departed this Earth. Pick up and look at the photographs. Savor this time with them. When you feel that you are finished, say:
"The Thin Veil has been lifted. My Loved Ones have come to the Feast of the Dead. I thank them for their presences and words of comfort."

Pick up the apple and say these words:
"Beautiful Maiden, you are the dispenser of the seed of life, Life that awaits, hidden in the Sacred Cauldron. Fruitful Mother, your ripeness of power nurtures the seed Bringing it into existence and helping it grow. Dark Mother, your Magick Cauldron is the well of death and rebirth, An experience each of us undergoes again and again. Let there be no fear in me, for I know your gentleness. Here is the secret symbol of life in death and death in life, the hidden, mystical symbol of the Triple Goddess."

Cut the apple crosswise to reveal the hidden pentagram in the core. Incline your head toward the altar and say:
"My deepest thanks to the Triple Ladies, and to the Triple Lords. May I always walk in peace beside you."

Eat part of the apple. Place the remainder outside (after you have completed your ritual) as an offering to the birds and animals.

Turn back to the Goddess candles and say:
"The Wheel of the Year has turned, the harvest has come again. I have sown many thought-seeds since last Samhain. Let the good be harvested; Let those that would hinder or harm me be cast aside. The Triple Goddess has covered me with Her gentle hands, guided my steps, heard my desires. For this I give Her honor and love."

Turn to the God candles and say:
"The Wheel of the Year has turned, the harvest has come again. Once more I stand before the Thin Veil, before the gates that divide the worlds. The Triple God has protected me with His sword, guided my steps, heard my desires. For this I give Him honor and love."

Now tap the Pentacle gently with your Wand, saying:
"Give me clear knowledge of the path I am to follow. Hear my desires, O Great Ones! Guide me and protect me. Lead me to greater knowledge and fulfillment."

Sit in silence while you ask what you need of the Gods. Also listen for spirit guidance that may come from those in the Summerland. When you feel you are finished, say:
""All love and honor to the Great Goddess and the Horned God! Blessed Be!"

When you have finished, the time has now come to Release the Circle.

Now is the time for meditation and any spellworkings you may need or desire to end your Sabbat celebration... Appropriate Spellwork to consider for this turn in the Wheel of the Year is any for protection and neutralizing harm - these are particularly warranted at this time of year, because Samhain is considered to be a good time to boost your confidence and security.

If no spellwork is to be done at this time, then proceed with the Cakes and Ale Ceremony, followed by Releasing the Magick Circle.

THE WINTER SOLSTICE: YULE - 21st DECEMBER
Yule is the time we celebrate the return of the waxing sun. Light and life can be seen to be returning and conquering death. Yule is a turning point, a point of change, where the tides of the year turn and begin to flow in the opposite direction. It is the darkest time of the year, the time of the longest night, but there is the promise of the return of light.

Preparation & Set Up

This Ritual shall be performed during the evening hours, sometime after Sunset. Sweep area, starting in the North and moving deosil, with your magickal broom to cleanse the Circle area and "sweep away" any lingering negative energies. Set up the Quarter candles (North-Green, East-Yellow, South-Red, West-Blue) and/or other items symbolizing the elements at the Four Quarters. Set up your altar as desired, and face it to the North, covering it with a red or green altar cloth. Place all of the items listed below in their proper places upon it. For this ceremony, decorate the altar with holly, mistletoe, evergreen, pine cones, ivy, berries, ribbons, and whatever else feels right. Having a Yule Tree nearby the altar will add a lot to the ritual. Along with your usual ritual tools and items, have upon the altar:

Red or Green Altar Cloth
Holly Sprig (placed upon the altar)
Mistletoe Sprig (placed underneath the altar, for use later)
Three Candles in Holders for the Triple Goddess
(1 White, 1 Red, and 1 Black - arranged around the Cauldron)
Cauldron with a Green Candle inside
Incense - Any of the following either alone or mixed together to make a Winter Blend:
Cinnamon, Myrrh, Cloves, Frankincense, Aloes Wood, and Saffron

When all is set up, take a shower or bath for purification and don your Ritual Robe or other ritual attire. Be sure to wear your Magickal jewelry, if you have any. Sit quietly and meditate for a little while - to ground and center. When you feel ready to begin, play some quiet peaceful music for the ritual.

The Ritual

Cast the Circle... Light the God and Goddess candles. Leave all the other candles unlit until the appropriate time within the ritual. Have the green candle placed inside the Cauldron, surrounded by the white, red, and black candles. Also have the sprig of Holly upon the altar, and the Mistletoe sprig tucked away underneath the altar. Sit quietly meditating within the cast Circle for a little while... When you feel ready, begin your ceremony with these words:
"Blessed be the season of Yule. This is the Winter Solstice, the longest night of the year. Darkness reigns triumphant, yet gives way and changes to Light. The Sun King has gone into the realms of Death --- yet, within the Sacred Cauldron of Rebirth, he is once again transformed into the Newborn Divine Child of Light. Blessed be the young Virgin Goddess who gives to her people tonight a Newborn God. Blessed be the Newborn Sun King."

Pause and reflect on the meaning of this spoke in the Wheel of the Year for a few moments, then continue... saying:
"All is cold, and I await the coming of Dawn. As the Sun rises, the Triple Goddess once more gives birth to the Divine Child. In silence and wonder I stand before the Sacred Cauldron of Rebirth, knowing that one day I too must pass through the Cauldron to be reborn. For this I now give honor to the Triple Goddess."

Light the White candle near the Cauldron, saying:
"White is for the Maiden. Blessed be the Virgin, innocent and fresh. May you plant your seeds of joy and new beginnings within my life."

Light the Red candle near the Cauldron, saying:
"Red is for the Mother. Blessed be the Mother, fertile and loving. May you grant me gifts of creative ideas and the strength to bring them to completion."

Light the Black candle near the Cauldron, saying:
"Black is for the Crone. Blessed be the Crone, powerful and wise. May you give me wisdom to understand the Magickal Mysteries."

Light the Green candle inside the Cauldron, saying:
"Green is for the Newborn Lord of the Forests, the Divine Sun Child who comes once more into the world. I welcome you, Child and Consort of the Triple Goddess."

Face the North, raise your arms and say:
"Rejoice, O Powers of Earth! Welcome the Divine Child."

Face the East, raise your arms and say:
"Rejoice, O Powers of Air! Welcome the Divine Child."

Face the South, raise your arms and say:
"Rejoice, O Powers of Fire! Welcome the Divine Child."

Face the West, raise your arms and say:
"Rejoice, O Powers of Water! Welcome the Divine Child."

Take up your Athame and banish the Old Year by drawing a banishing Pentagram in the air, saying:
"Farewell to the Old Year. Farewell to the Holly King."

Now draw an invoking Pentagram in the air and say these words:
"Welcome to the New Year. Welcome to the Oak King."

When you are done, replace your Athame on the altar.

Next, remove the Holly from the altar and place it out of sight. Then place the Mistletoe, the symbol of the Oak King, on top of the altar in a place of honor. Say these words:
"Blessed be the King of the Waxing Year. I pray you will guide your children safely through to the season of warmth and light."

Take the Goddess candle in your left hand and the God candle in your right, saying these words:
"Tonight the Goddess and God are reunited. Tonight Life begins anew, and Light begins anew. Blessed be the One Light. Blessed be the Divine Force of Creation."

Move the candle flames together so that they are one. Spend a moment reflecting on its meaning, and then replace the candles side by side on the altar. Continue with these words:
"Hail, O God of the Woodlands and New Life! I give you honor and ask your blessing."

Sit in silence to receive His blessing... then continue, saying:
"Hail, Triple Goddess, bringer of Light out of Darkness and New Life out of the Cauldron of Rebirth. I give you honor and ask your blessing."

Again sit in silence to receive Her blessing. Drink from the Chalice, pour a Libation to the Lord and the Lady and save some to be put outside for the little people. When you are finished, proceed with the Cakes and Ale Ceremony. followed by Releasing the Circle in your usual manner.
"Let your courage mount with difficulties.
There would be no will if there were no resistance."
Bellia_Arian

Previous

Return to Member's Books of Shadows