*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

Baked Apples & Peanut Butter

Share your recipes and food tips here.

Baked Apples & Peanut Butter

Postby SpiritTalker » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:45 pm

One of my favorite healthy snacks (or brown-bag lunches) has been apple slices spread with peanut butter. So, I had some rather wrinkled apples in the fridge & wanted to use them up. Baked apples is another fave. With the nuggets & ginger it's a faux Asian peanut chicken thing.

2 Gala or other sweet apples, peeled, cored &' thinly sliced into small baking dish
1tsp butter
2 skimpy Tbs crunchy peanut butter

Just drop the butter & peanut butter dollops on the top of the apple slices; bake at 375 for 45-60 mins; stir melted butters until apple slices are coated before serving.

Lay some frozen chicken nuggets on the baking tray along with the dish of apples for baking.

Serve apples as a side dish with the nuggets; add ginger if you like it
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Re: Baked Apples & Peanut Butter

Postby firebirdflys » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:53 pm

Dang I wish I could eat peanut butter, that sounds yummy! :fairy:
Den of the Firebird Image
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars, out here we is stoned...Immaculate.
firebirdflys

Postby SpiritTalker » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:04 am

I'm allergic to sea foods. Can't say they even remotely sound good to me. Tell you what, you can have my fish if I can have your peanut butter.
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Postby firebirdflys » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:05 am

LoL..how about see food? I'm on a see food diet, I see food and I eat it. :mrgreen:
I'm not much of a fin but more of a shell fish, though my daughter and step son are allergic to shrimp. Daughter also cannot eat peanuts, so it made her afraid of all nuts. I keep telling her if you can eat macadamias then you should be ok for the rest. In the last year she has finally been experimenting, almonds, pecans, walnuts.
I don't know what happened, used to eat peanuts, I loved them, lived on beer and salted peanuts in the shell one summer.

I really like the chicken nuggets with the apples, say I wonder if it would work with almond butter? probably a different taste.

I had an uncle who insisted everything was better with peanut butter, and that it was a food group all on it's own!

bb. FF
Den of the Firebird Image
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars, out here we is stoned...Immaculate.
firebirdflys

Postby SpiritTalker » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:24 am

Chicken almondene ... Go for it.
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Return to Food and Recipes