*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

He's baaa-ack!

Say hello and tell us a little bit about you and your interests.

He's baaa-ack!

Postby planewalker » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:22 pm

I'll do this mostly like I'm brand new to the forum. I'm sure many new people have come on since I left. I'm 60, married, 2 grown kids - boy 31 & girl 26, I'm an Adept of the Light. I've used the Craft and AmerInd Medicine for as long as I remember. I've fought, taught and retired. I was with the 75th RCT with two combat jumps. Got fancy letters after my name that I never use. I take knowledge, learning and wisdom seriously - not myself. I've taught Social-psychology, Modern European History and Military History with a specialization in "The Soviet Military and it's Interplay with the Russian People". I sub and teach special sections in social studies at my old High School. That's a trip and a half. I do two lectures for the Adult Education Program. One covering WWII in Europe and the other covering WWII in the Pacific & CBI. They carry college credit, since I've kept my Associate Professorship at the AWC. Always brings in a nice chunck of change for the school district. I do it gratis { I went to school K-12 their and want my school taxes low too. Enlightened self interest is an ethically valid behavior.} and they can charge like it's a co-op exst. course. I'm a bit crazy, but {I hope} good crazy. I'm reconstructing --Hello Palefaces. From now on it will be - Planewalker's Medicine Wheel.That will be the only place you can "PM" me. Due to my rampant insanity and sticking only to the letter of the law, not it's spirit {which got me canned}, Xiao Rong would like me to keep everything out in public. I'm not to use Private Messaging, as one of the rules of my re-admittance to the forum. So be it. I'd love to have input on, not only the wheel, but on anything you'd like to talk about.
Be a Bandage on a Suffering and B!eeding World.
planewalker

Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Re: He's baaa-ack!

Postby SnowCat » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:13 pm

Welcome back.
Daughter of Sekhmet
SnowCat

Postby Blu-Luna » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:06 pm

Warm welcome back!
Blu-Luna

Postby Lady_Lilith » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:19 am

Hey welcome back!!! I missed you and I enjoy your posts. I had no idea what happened but I am glad you're back. :)
"Often I will spin a tale, never will I charge a fee. I'll amuse you an entire eve, but, alas, you won't remember me. What am I?" -Sloth
Lady_Lilith

Postby Ashrend » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:31 am

Welcome back! I remember you when I first joined XD
Ashrend

Postby blue_moon » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:18 pm

Oh nice to See you Hello Hello so nice to sèe you again :evilwitch: :evilwitch:
BB

Blue Moon
blue_moon

Postby planewalker » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:35 am

Thank you all. I feel at home again. I was canned because I ran afoul of someone with a position thought I was {boiled down from her post} that started the mess, a pervert or stalker of some kind and I was a " creepy old man" for asking young women to PM me. I fully admit that I'm an irritant. IT'S IN MY BIO.
Username:
planewalker
In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.
Soldier, Teacher, Healer and Persistent Irritant
Interests:
Getting people to step outside their comfort zone and really think.

From comparing to other bios you can pull up on people from the forum which are sparse or non-existent, I'm about as full disclosure as you get. If you don't see it and want to know - ask.
It's not like I'm trying to hide anything. I had been an irritant:
I came up with the infamous Swear-o-gee's that were all the rage for a couple weeks. My idea was too be able to use forbidden words like what runs through our veins and arteries being spelt with zeros instead of ohs.

L00ks like that when the zeros are used. I transgressed on the "spirit" of the rule for words that searches would come across.
10. Swearing is discouraged. It's important to keep our language clean so that schools and parental control programs don't have a reason to block teenagers from accessing the site.
I also put forth the point that search engines wouldn't "hit"with us, there is not a word there. Had anyone subed in a middle school and listened to the language in the halls. PG-13's often talk like longshoremen.
it was technically with in the rules but. Sorry. That's how it's written

No, I was sorry I didn't let it go.

I gave out my home E-mail address and ended up talking to people, I admit I ended up luring two people into regularly conversing. An Astro- physicist,Dr. Nameless at an unnamed location, a career woman in her late 20's and a historian/translator from the Balkans whose age hasn't come up. I kept the two new friends and gave up the E-mails. I was still an irritant using up more of Xiao's good will. It was stuff like that. Me saying it's within the letter of the law and Xiao saying stop and after some grumbling - stopping and giving up my anti-social actions. I was slowly using up the good will of a friend who had to take a stand as an official with responsibilities. When I saw what I took as someone besmirching {what is a mirch anyway} my honor, I lost it. If anybody is interested honor - promise to my grandfather - death bed promise, I lost my cool and said:
It's not my fault that most Craft users are women. It's not my fault that the path to the forum comes through an advert {very smart, effective advert} that is made exactly to attract young women. Everybody gets the same type of welcome, I've been at this a long time, if I can help let me know. If I PMed anyone and I didn't get a return I wished them well to the multiverse and sent no more texts. I'm sure there was one horror story about my "bothering and badgering" someone. I sent a PM because their posts were dark and gloomy and it worried me. I got an explosion of get out of my expletives deleted face. I made the mistake of PMing "I'm very sorry for bothering you. MY BAD. another explosive reply. I let it go. Within a day I got a warning about my PM's, that's how I figured a horror story got lain at my door. used up a little more good will.

I then did something stupid. I expected an apology and said so. It should be as public as the stain on my honor. The official in question ignored me even though the post that brought it on was answered within a couple hours of my post, I was ignored. I'm sometimes amazed by the depth of my stupidity. I ran that post every day for a week. It was obvious I had to go to get me to stop because no apology was going to be forthcoming. All the posts were excised from the forum the very afternoon I was canned. both were logged on when I got canned. I do hope whoever gets peace within about the issue of seeing young women being trusted to make their own choices of who to converse with. I know Xiao wasn't happy she had to can me. She made a tough choice in an uncomfortable position. I'm sorry I forced her to do that. Sorry Xiao - my real bad.
planewalker

Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Postby Shekinah » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:15 am

Welcome back from me also. I enjoy a feisty critter not afraid to speak his/her mind. Anyway I need company so as not to be the only radical in the spotlight. smiley_dance
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. Governments keep the multitudes under a tight span of control with distractions, trinkets, religious myth and disinformation.
Shekinah

Postby planewalker » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:55 am

We have a lot of common ground in our experiences. Our burden is to attempt to enlighten the masses. Tough job, but somebody has to enjoy it.
planewalker

Postby SnowCat » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:41 pm

"It's not my fault," is a very old, very lame excuse. Warnings were provided regarding rule infracions. A perso who chooses to ignore le infractions had no else to blame. Suficient ground rule have been laid out for everyone who joins the forum. Ignore them at your peril
Daughter of Sekhmet
SnowCat

Postby planewalker » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:19 am

This should be considered a PM. THIS SHOULD BE CONSIDERED A PERSONAL MESSAGE. This should be considered a PM.

Snow Cat,

I will happily set out my transgressions to good order more fully so I'm sure I have stated my "Mea Culpa" properly. I said that I DID THE SWEAR-O-GEES AND STOPPED. I gave the truthful statement that I tried to push it as the letter of the law. That it was a mistake to push the matter. That I had eroded the good will of Xiao by not just saying yes ma'am, spirit of the law and letting it go. Stupidly I did not. I'm an information junkie with a historians experience and I've proofed my daughter's papers as she's become an Archivist and Librarian. I believe I write a clear and concise English that is spelled and punctuated properly. I don't believe there should be a problem recognizing that I am saying I fully agree that I skated on the edge of, and crossed the line into, being wrong. Even though each instance was a different rule, that was no reason to not can my {expletive deleted}. The only one I have true control over is myself. It's up to others to do what they deem best. I'm not ducking a thing. I said I was an irritant. That I did things that were questionable and was rule lawyering. If you want all the incidents, give me a day or two. I save my correspondence and will happily dig out every incident. Further I will happily copy and paste them all from my PM's files for both post and response { I have them in my computers files, most of them I've left the originals with the forums PMs anyway.} to the thread of your choice. If it's on the net and someone wants it they can get it. Anyone with an expectation of privacy on the web is radically misinformed.
Do you think the entire incident that got me canned should be aired in public so my transgressions are a reminder to myself and others to obey the LETTER & SPIRIT of the rules? A young women {18 - 20 } posted to a thread. I answered said thread as I did all such posts, that if she would like my further assistance to let me know by post or PM. A person, who will remain nameless {Unless you'd like me to make that public Cat, I try not to embarrass people.} left a post that I really shouldn't pursue conversations with young women and that I was a "CREEPY OLD MAN". I suppose that sentence can be taken different ways. I took it as an insult and public stain on my honor. I took it as being accused of being a dirty old man who stalked young girls. I've learned that I have to lighten up about that. At the time, I looked at my honor as the most important thing to stay true to and to defend it to my last breath and never to compromise it. I promised that to my Grandfather. He taught me how to be a man. On his death bed he told me he was proud of me and how I had done my honor proud. I promised him I would never do anything to besmirch my honor.
I sat forth a set of grievances:

1. It is not my doing that most who follow the Craft are female.
2. It is not my doing that the very effective front page for EUTM is pointed at drawing young women to the forum.
3. The young woman in question was over 18 and I didn't know her right of free association had been abridged.
4. I didn't know that my freedom of association and speech had been abridged.
5. Should I PM only with males.
6. If I was allowed to converse with women using PM what is the cut off age, I'm 60, if they must be older that's going to limit who I may communicate with rather drastically. If I may converse with women younger than 60 - what was the cut off age - 35, 30, even as young as 29.

I'd like to know who I was allowed to converse with and I'D LIKE A PUBLIC APOLOGY for calling my honor into question thank you.

Now at that point, I was being boorish and ill mannered. The young ladies post and my reply that had drawn the response, from the third party, that drew my ire was posted within two hours. From that point I was ignored. This rather incensed me. I ran the above every day for a week in the conflict resolution space. Xiao was quite tolerant. I know how determined I can be. I'm sure Xiao repeatedly told herself I wouldn't run it the next day. Surprise! If I get angry enough, I'm an idiot. I would have given me the boot day three, not day six. I was obviously out of control, even if what I wrote was iceily polite. It was useless on my part. I was an embarrassment, an irritant and I was showing no sign of stopping. Yes, I know why I was persona non grata and don't argue with it at all.

Planewalker

EDIT: This is a PM to SNOW CAT. {as per Xiao Rong's requirement that all my correspondence must be public, even to support staff or moderators. I may use Private Messaging only if I need clarification on the letter or spirit of the rules and only with a moderator. }.
planewalker

Return to Member Profiles & Introductions