*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

Athame and censer

Discussion of ritual tools and other items used in the Craft.

Athame and censer

Postby Whitelion728 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:39 pm

Idk where I can get a good atheme.(or however u spell it) also I have no clue what a censer is. Can someone help?
"Bide the Wiccan laws ye must, in perfect love n perfect trust Mind the 3fold Law ye should three times bad and three times good. 8 words the Wiccan Rede fulfill. an it harm none, do what ye wil
Whitelion728

Re: Athame and censer

Postby Isabella » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:49 pm

Whenever I buy my ritual tools I go to this site! It has many choices!
http://www.witchstore.net
And a censer is something you burn incense in. The censer is used to catch the ashes.
Peace and Pasta!~
Isabella

Postby SpiritTalker » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:24 pm

We can use any knife as an athame. The black handle was suggested to absorb our energy & the two-sided blade so we don't have to awkwardly turn the wrist. If those aren't bothersome then any sporting or camping goods blade is acceptable. Tools don't have to come from witch-shops because we make them magical when we magnetize them with our energy. Ritual blades can be found at witchcraft supply web sites such as Azure-Green, Isis Books, & 13-Moons. These shops have been around 20+ years which speaks well. A bowl with some sand to absorb heat can serve for incense. We can make a wand from a fallen branch with a bit of work & find interesting wine cups at charity shops.
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Postby firebirdflys » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:37 am

For longest time I used a ScubaPro diving knife,
it is double edged with a serrated section and a back (gut) hook, very shiny stainless steel black handled and it has a metal loop built into the bottom so I tied rainbow ribbons in the loop, especially festive at May Day!
BB, FF
Den of the Firebird Image
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars, out here we is stoned...Immaculate.
firebirdflys

Return to Ritual Items and Tools