*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

My art & music

Share photos or links to your arts and crafts here. Jewelry, paintings, crafts, graphic art.

My art & music

Postby scaravich » Thu May 23, 2013 9:49 pm

There doesn't seem to be a forum for people who do music, so I'll just post mine here.

This is me playing recorder(s). I have done a few recorder videos but most are short. This is one that I like a lot :)

Here's another that I really enjoyed the outcome:

scaravich

Re: My art & music

Postby firebirdflys » Fri May 24, 2013 12:37 am

Wow dude!, that quad. recorder video is fantastic...nice job.
FF
Den of the Firebird Image
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars, out here we is stoned...Immaculate.
firebirdflys

Postby scaravich » Fri May 24, 2013 5:37 am

Thanks!! I love that video too... Is it weird I watch/listen to it a lot myself? Even though it's my own video? hahaha
scaravich

Postby firebirdflys » Fri May 24, 2013 10:58 am

So, did you say you wrote the tune for that? It seems mildly familiar, and very Ren Faire- ish. Just beautiful :D
Den of the Firebird Image
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars, out here we is stoned...Immaculate.
firebirdflys

Postby scaravich » Fri May 24, 2013 5:34 pm

Thanks :) I did not write the original tune, but rather the recorder quartet arrangement based on the original piece. The original piece was a woodwind ensemble written by Nobuo Uematsu as the opening music to Final Fantasy IX. He spend weeks in Europe for medieval inspiration for the work, and it was written in that medieval-inspired mode :)

My arrangement differs in that it's played by different instruments, distributes the harmonization differently, incorporates a few unique chords and harmonies, and repeats phrases slightly differently (I think... I'm actually so familiar with my own arrangement now that I'm muddling specifics of the original in my head), and stuff like that. The melody is always on the soprano even though different instruments shared the melody in the original (one being the recorder).

I love the reocrder because of its medieval sound, along with other traditional flutes like the Irish whistle, ocarina, etc.
scaravich

Return to Artwork