*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

Using Art as a Form of Magick and Worship

Feel free to copy this information to your Book of Shadows.

Using Art as a Form of Magick and Worship

Postby raynelae » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:38 pm

Pagan art has a deep meaning. We, as Pagans, can weave our spells into the pictures we draw and paint (Ravencry, a wonderful member to this forum, told me about the magick in painting). You can paint a picture corresponding to your goal, fill it with intent, visualization, and candle magick and you have a successful spell. I can even say that magickal painting does work from the time I painted a pot of gold and rainbow to ensure money when my mom was having trouble finding a job..soon my magick took its toll and allowed her to find a job and bring money into our home. We can also use art to worship the gods...for example, draw a picture of the Goddess and you will find that you have found an even deeper connection to the Lady. Pagan art can be found even in the times when the Christian Church did their horrible conversion to the Pagans..but they were not successful to convert the hearts of the Pagans, for art of the ancient gods and goddesses can be found in cathedrals today. I hope this has inspired you to find the deeper meaning of art as a spiritual practice.
Blessings :)
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
raynelae

Re: Art as a form of magick and worship

Postby firebirdflys » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:53 pm

where has that girl been???
anyway Ray very good topic. Most of my art is spiritually inspired, but haven't used it as much for magical goals. Thanks for reminding me. We used to make these "give-away Goddesses" out of clay...they were more of an offering or used as an talisman for a long term goal. You made it with your intent, and then set it out in the woods or somewhere and let it melt back into the earth. If you have lots of rain I imagine they will 'return' rather quickly. When the are done dissolving, you desire should be manifesting.
One time I drew a picture of a feather I wanted, went hiking the next day and ...viola! It is even about the same length as the pic, and same markings...hummmmm.
Den of the Firebird Image
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars, out here we is stoned...Immaculate.
firebirdflys

Postby raynelae » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:32 am

Love the idea of the Goddess sculpture..I must try it :)
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
raynelae

Postby raynelae » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:28 pm

I came up with an idea to add to the Goddess give away sculpture...you could add herbs to the clay that correspond to your intent to add even more magick to the mix!
raynelae

Postby firebirdflys » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:32 pm

DUDE! that's a great idea!
We also have put a tiny crystal in her belly as the seed that would take hold of the magic, so that when it returns to the earth it acts as the planting of your intent. (for really long term goals)
You know what I really like to do, is ...gather your own mud for the Goddesses. I used to use my ceramic clay, (but I'm not firing it so why use that) then I found a really good chunk of earth near a trail I hike on. It makes really good mud (clay). Kinda fun playing in the mud again!
...But mostly we originally made the little ladies as a bio-degradable offering of thanks.
BB, Firebird
Den of the Firebird Image
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars, out here we is stoned...Immaculate.
firebirdflys

Postby Love and Warmth » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:30 am

This is inspiring, thank you. :D
I'm going to have to use clay for the next offering i make! Also, I need to exploit my gift of art, embrace it and be thankful for it. I will definately be incorporating my art in my morning ritual if I can.
Love and Warmth

Postby Kassandra » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:59 pm

This thread is inspiring. I so needed to read this today...about to embark on some art projects of my own shortly. Thanks.

:fairy: bling ~ Have a magical day, now ~

Ask Kassandra
Find Balance
Awaken
Kassandra
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Postby raynelae » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:43 pm

How did your art go Kassandra? I find art so wonderfully magickal. It's so very simple to weave a spell into a painting...
raynelae

Return to Witchcraft & Wicca 101 - The Basics of the Craft