*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

A ritual to reunite and help heal mother and daughter

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.

A ritual to reunite and help heal mother and daughter

Postby demoure » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:29 pm

i want to help my sister heal from her addictions. she lives estranged from all her loved ones at the moment with little contact. the most important piece of this healing deals with her 8yr old daughter who is hurting missing her mother greatly. i want more then anything to reunite them in a healthy positive way. so they may heal together and strength the bond they once had as mother and daughter. i am far away form them both and want more then anything to send them the strength, love , and healing they both deserve.
demoure

Re: A ritual to reunite and help heal mother and daughter

Postby demoure » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:03 pm

yea all that hasn't worked so i want to use my own loving energy to help them heal and reunite through a ritual. so i'm looking for suggestions in regard to a healing reunification spell/ritual i can use to empower them through my own energy.
demoure

Postby Alatoru » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:52 pm

demoure wrote:i want to help my sister heal from her addictions. she lives estranged from all her loved ones at the moment with little contact. the most important piece of this healing deals with her 8yr old daughter who is hurting missing her mother greatly. i want more then anything to reunite them in a healthy positive way. so they may heal together and strength the bond they once had as mother and daughter. i am far away form them both and want more then anything to send them the strength, love , and healing they both deserve.

I don't know what "addiction" is in question but keep it in mind that only FEW supstances can make people addict. All other addictions are based on human mental addiction, which has nothing to do with supstances. I am trying to tell you there is some problem your sister can't solve, that bother her badly, and she try to escape and find peace trough addiction. To forget bad reality. You must find out what the problem is , and don't think about addiction at all. You should somehow show to her that you want to help. If you could give me more informations about problem I could give you more detailed help, but at the moment this is all I can do. =)
No tree, it is said, can grow to heaven unless it roots reach down to hell. - Jung
Alatoru
Banned Member

Postby Hunter » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:57 pm

Weed can hardly be considered a drug just as caffine is considered a drug... your lack of punctuation or even proper spelling also adds to the equation. Maybe look at your posts before you post them.. I mean I honestly cant even understand the above post.. are those even words?

@demoure

On a brighter note I will definitely send healing light your way and I personally dont have a spell to help you but im sure one of the many capable witches here will be of more use them I .

BB
Hunter
Hunter

Postby demoure » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:28 pm

@ merlin she is addicted to opiates. she has been sober in the past and utilized self help (aa/na) and had a lot of success. then she was prescribed a massive amount of narcotics for an auto immune disease called berchets. (which is a rare condition known as an orphan disease b/c so little is known about it) she abused her prescriptions and shot heroin while abusing them. at that time she abused them to escape an unhappy marriage instead of living a life she lived like she was dying. once she left her husband she lost custody of her daughter due to her drug abuse and unsuccessfully followed the courts recommendation for a rehab and living a sober lifestyle to gain custody. ever since then she stopped being under a dr.'s care for her disease (therefore no more narcotic prescriptions) and has turned to an addictive lifestyle to solve her problems.

her drug use is not for physical pain it is to escape. she moved far away form her daughter, is estranged from the family, and has shacked up with her new boyfriend (she's not legally separated or divorced). so basically she's kicking up her heels pretending she's free of any and all responsibilities which is quite common in the addict world the addiction controls her she doesn't control it. i believe she continues to use due to all the guilt and shame she feels for abandoning her daughter due to her extremely poor decision making and so the using cycle continues. my hope is to clear the way for their own strength within to emerge begin the healing process for them both and reunite them once more.
demoure

Postby demoure » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:44 pm

so i'm brand new to this site and the topic i posted about a ritual i can use to reunite and heal a mother and daughter along with the description i gave was written out of pure love i have for my sister and my niece. i proposed this question b/c of how much they both mean to me how i want to do all i can to help them in the healing process. conventional practical methods such as self help (aa/na) rehabs, and dr.'s haven't helped nor has letting her know in various ways how concerned we are for her and her daughter that we speak to her from a loving caring place has had no influence on her beginning to reconnect to her actual self or with her daughter.

so now my objective is to stop speaking to her in words and begin speaking to her soul to the core of her being of who she really is not the mess she's led herself into that's not the real her she's being covered up by her own suffering. i want to speak to her spirit in order to clear the way so she can be free and emerge once again as her true self. i'm looking for people who can actual help me with suggestions of what kind of ritual/spell will help me project the energy necessary to help them heal/reunite. i hope this post which is so important to me doesn't get overlooked due to some issues other people are having with each other.
demoure

Postby Alatoru » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:50 pm

Thank you for more detailed explanation for situation. I completely understand the reasons why she act like that. She is unable to face problems or don't have any good reason to do so. She don't see any good reason to continue fighting, to rise again. You will have to talk to her, face to face. Somehow you will have to find way to do so, even for one day if it's possible. People in such position as she is mostly don't want to listen to others because they think you will never understand them, and that other people can only judge them.

What you should do as sister is talk to her in kind manner , to tell her what reality is (even though she see it), to remind her of her daughter that will live without her mother if she continue to act like this. To remind her that her daughter need her very much in the same way she need her father. I am sure she won't accept it well, no one ever do from first time. You can ask her very direct question that will deffenetly reach her mind: "Do you want your daughter to grow up being ashamed of her mother, or do you want your daughter to be proud of you?"

That question for sure will make her think of her own actions. And be there for her, at least call her daily to let her know you care a lot, that you are there for her. She need that now in this state of mind. And if you can, talk to her husband, try to convince him to let your sister see her daughter at least once weekly or something like that. In case she is forbidden to. You have so much power in your hands. =)
No tree, it is said, can grow to heaven unless it roots reach down to hell. - Jung
Alatoru
Banned Member

Postby demoure » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:59 pm

@ merlin thank you for the encouraging words they give me hope in my own empowerment that i do have the ability to at least plant the seed she can use later in order to help herself and begin realizing she is a mother for life and nothing is more valuable then what her and her daughter have to offer each other. i was beginning to feel a bit helpless and hopeless so i'm glad i decided to join this site and take a chance someone out there might be able to help me ty for your kind words :)
demoure

Postby Kassandra » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:08 pm

Hi demoure. You are very caring to want to find solutions to your sister's and niece's hard situation. Despite your sister's behavior right now, she did complete the rehab before, so that's a good sign that something deep down inside her really does want to change. That level of addiction doesn't happen overnight, and it won't go away easily, either. So, we have to bear with them during their struggle, and you are such a very loving sister to do that.

So, basically you will have two separate workings going on here, one focused on healing sister, and one focused on uniting niece and sister. These are two separate things, you see what I mean?

For the healing, I would recommend what is called a "doll baby" in hoodoo (that "voodoo doll" with pins sticking in it is a stereotype, and the use of a doll in this fashion is actually of European magical origin, not of African origin, nor voodoo, nor hoodoo origin, though such use was later adopted into those paths).

The doll baby would be a representative of the person. I think this works very well in a situation like this, where one wants to, as you say, talk to the person's spirit because the person is not in a position to communicate effectively, for whatever reason. You would name the doll after the person, fill it with healing herbs, and a spell written on parchment which is called a "petition paper." Then sew the doll up, and keep it on your altar. Whenever you need to "talk" to that person, you'd talk to that person's spirit via the doll.

The second working I would recommend, for uniting part, is a candle spell. This is like "holding a light out" for someone, as the saying goes. Candle spells are very good for that scenario. It is patiently maintaining a desired result, an intended outcome. In the hoodoo tradition (and many others), you would anoint the candle with love and unity-themed oils and herbs, perhaps place a petition paper beneath the candle as it burns. You could carve their names, or a desired phrase of some sort, into the candle to reinforce your intention.

P.S.: With newer members who don't seem to know any better, we have to call out immature behaviour right away or else it quickly becomes a problem all over the message board, so thanks for your understanding on that. Unfortunately, your post got hit, but I don't think it will distract from people helping you. :wink:

:fairy: bling ~ Have a magical day, now ~

Ask Kassandra
Find Balance
Awaken
Kassandra
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Postby demoure » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:20 pm

@ kassandra tysm what you wrote makes perfect sense with everything i described. i have never made a healing doll before what is the best way to go about doing so? (materials,sewing methods) i am thinking the more personal details i add (after the basis of the doll is prepared) to have it resemble her will help a great deal. for the candle spell do i keep it burning until burns down to the end and goes out? i imagine the color i choose needs to correspond with the outcome i desire. i was also considering holding the rituals during the super moon which is also a new moon on jan.30th. i believe the energy of the moon that night will be just right to help open the gateway into her soul and begin the emergence of her true self once more.

what do you think of new moon hay essential oil for the reunification spell? i was attracted to its properties b/c they mentioned new beginnings, fresh perspective, and breaking bad habits i was also attracted to violet oil having to do with love healing and protection plz let me know your thoughts on what i've chosen ty
demoure

Postby Kassandra » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:38 pm

Yes, personal effects in the doll, as many as you can, if you could get them. It will really reinforce the effect your workings will have because you have a direct line to their energy, via the personal effects. And the full (or waxing) moon would be great. You are very intuitive with this stuff! (or maybe you're somewhat experienced already).

Here's some other options, just for your consideration:

* For the healing part, when you want someone (or yourself) to quit something, it's a kind of "releasing," so the waning moon would also be good for rituals like this, just a thought.

* For the doll baby, you could also make it out of wax or something else waterproof, instead of fabric, and items you would normally stuff "inside" the doll, you could instead roll into the wax, or leave outside the doll such as lay the doll on top of a little bed of healing herbs in a pretty presentation platter, for example (which is actually kind of beautiful and artistic), and place that on your altar.

I think the nicest thing about making the doll out of waterproof material is you could "bathe" the doll, give it a little healing "baptism" (which, by the way, is a very ancient pagan practice later co-opted by Christianity, along with a lot of other stuff). Maybe it's just me, but for some reason, I just want to "bathe" people fighting an addiction of some sort (or even myself when I'm trying to kick a habit, or overcome a mindset, etc.), so that "greyness" in the auric field and all those little auric hitchhikers (as firebirdflys calls them, lol) will just "wash away."

* You could get a free reading here to get a deeper insight into the dynamics of the situation and everyone involved

* Also, there is a healing energy request forum you could make a post there. I and others help out there whatever way we can (such as pray for people, or send positive energy, or do Reiki, whatever)

As far as specific ingredients, since we're not following a hardline H format here, I would invite you to browse the Books of Shadows here and use whatever ingredients resonate with you. There's a toonnnn of information posted in them, including lots of correspondences (herbs, colors, goddesses/gods, etc., you name it). I often consult them. What I have detailed above is just a general format and direction to go in. It's better if you personalize the actual workings with what's meaningful to you, and, like I said, you are really intuitive so you can't go wrong --and I'm not just saying that, I mean it. I believe you can do this.

Ask Kassandra
Find Balance
Awaken
Kassandra
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Postby demoure » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:21 pm

@ kassandra ty for the compliment i have never actual done any kind of ritual before i started collecting tools which i chose very carefully to symbolize specific parts of myself (ex. celtic practices b/c i'm irish and drawn to the druids and danu) so i stumbled upon a wand and athame made in ireland out of 3,000 yr. old bog oak. all coinciding with the druids and danu. i used this method for all my altar items all though i didn't limit myself to any particular theme. just as long as they represented pieces of myself i feel very strongly about and what i want to achieve. i also did research and cross referencing but when it came down to it i let my heart lead me my first instincts instead of over thinking it. seeing you said that makes my heart soar b/c many times i have doubts in my strengths or just plain forget i have any. i can't begin to tell you what a gift this site has been in being able to chat with people like yourself who remind me i am powerful and full of gifts ty you are a blessing to me and have eased my troubles
demoure

Postby Kassandra » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:42 am

It's an honor to help any way I can,and thanks for your kind words. I'm sure others will post on this thread with their suggestions and comments, as well. Since you're attracted to Danu and a Celtic path, I wish Stephanie Mae was still a member here. She could help you with that. She and all the women of her family are authentic Irish witches, with spells and practices handed down for generations --no Wicca or Christianity diluting it-- just straight up, old school Celtic craft from Éire, "the old country." Ha, she was a hoot. She's gone now, I guess.

Your question was refreshing to me, too, because I get so tired of people coming on here, "Got a love spell for how I could steal this man from his wife?" or "Hey, got a spell to make fire come out of my palms, and then make me levitate in the air?" and other nonsense. I just ignore those.

It's good to see magic being used in this way, helping someone who's struggling. The stronger should help the weaker ones in society, I think, rather than judge them. If we look around our lives, we could see ways where we could make ourselves useful. Often, people in our own families need the most help. And as you pointed out, once you've exhausted the mundane options to solve a serious problem and tried them all, then it's time to take out the can and attack that s.o.b. on a metaphysical level, hehe.

Good luck with everything, and keep us posted.

Ask Kassandra
Find Balance
Awaken
Kassandra
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Postby firebirdflys » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:11 am

Somehow I have a feeling words are missing...

on a practical magic level you might want to check out al-anon for your self. There are some programs that are specific to drugs, but in al-anon you can just change the word alcohol for heroin and it will all make perfect sense.
BB, FF
Den of the Firebird Image
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars, out here we is stoned...Immaculate.
firebirdflys

Postby Kassandra » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:27 am

Great suggestion, firebirdflys. The helpers need help too. I have learned that the hard way. Addiction affects everybody, not only the addict. I need to get myself to some Al Anon meetings, as there are some things I still need to work through, yet. Thank you for your wisdom on that.

Firebirdflys, is there any workings from your tradition that you feel demoure could do on her own for this situation, for her sis and niece, as well as for herself? You have such a strong group of folks that you work with, and a beautiful, yet practical and grounded, tradition.

Thanks.

Ask Kassandra
Find Balance
Awaken
Kassandra
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Next

Return to General Questions about Wicca & Magick