*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

Any tips on lucid dreaming?

Discussion about out-of-body experiences (astral travel), lucid dreaming, and other sleep related phenomenon such as night terrors and sleep paralysis.

Re: Any tips on lucid dreaming?

Postby Wandering Warlock » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:14 pm

A few nights ago I experienced my first lucid dream. It happened by accident. Something happened in the dream which was deeply terrifying, and I believe the intense fear was what "awakened" me within the dream. While dreaming, I said to myself, "This must be a dream," at which point I was aware of the possibility that I really was dreaming. Though, it was so vivid and realistic that I wasn't completely sure I was dreaming. I considered the possibility that I was sleepwalking, because I was dreaming of being in my home and it felt like I was awake. I even went to the place where I was sleeping while dreaming, and tried to look at myself, but my body was not present and that's when I tried to wake myself up by shaking my head rapidly back and forth. I had a great deal of difficulty waking myself up, and for a moment I was actually quite afraid of not being able to awaken.

Since this experience, all my dreams have been much more vivid and realistic, though none of them have been lucid. Nor have any of them been in my home; the environments have all been elsewhere.

I've done some reading about lucid dreaming since this event, and found that some research has been done concerning brainwave frequency and its relation to brain entrainment. Turns out devices have been developed to assist in lucid dreaming, and according to what I've read they are considerably successful.

At any rate, having this experience has led me to further question the nature of reality.
Wandering Warlock

Postby Kassandra » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:13 pm

Interesting. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

:fairy: bling ~ Have a magical day, now ~

Ask Kassandra
Find Balance
Awaken
Kassandra
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Postby Dreamingwithwolves » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:36 am

I experienced my first lucid dream today actually. I'd read about it a few months ago and had tried, but not really got anywhere with it.
Then today I was ill, and so stayed at home. I meditated in the morning, and then just really needed to go to sleep. I burnt some incense and then drifted off. I woke up and closed my window, and then I suddenly was at my window again and there was a wolf/coyote outside and two more in the road (wolves are my animal). I leant down (out the window) to help the coyote into my room, and the distance was abnormally short. I suddenly had this strange eureka moment and realised I was dreaming. I don't remember much more of the dream, but it was an awesome feeling. :')
Blessed Be,
~ A Dreaming Wolf
Dreamingwithwolves

Postby Wanderer022 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:24 am

Is THIS what lucid dreaming is???

No wonder everyone thinks I'm weird for always remembering my dreams! And here I thought it was normal to remember them all and maybe not remember one once every two weeks or so.
"Wandering re-establishes the perfect harmony that once existed between man and the universe."

Blessed be *
Wanderer022

Postby Wanderer022 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:37 am

Also most of my lucid dreams involve love. Where mr right kisses me and it feels incredibly real! So real that when I wake up my lips feel "warm" from his. It's amazing. I have a couple of dreams I have regularly. I think it began there. For some reason at one time I had the exact same dream over and over for a week. By the fourth day I could control it. And from there it started.
"Wandering re-establishes the perfect harmony that once existed between man and the universe."

Blessed be *
Wanderer022

Previous

Return to OBEs, Astral Travel, Lucid Dreaming