I am going to see my OB today for the first time. I am nervous. I am hoping that goddess will let me keep this one.
I have some advice for KatrelBelNY. Your aunt, if she wants a baby very very badly, she will be willing to do anything, I mean, anything (like breaking her bad eating habits, and starting to exercise) to have a baby.
Weight is an issue when getting pregnant, but that will not stop her from getting pregnant. It will only make her pregnancy tuff and high risk for problems with the baby and her weight.
I have the same problem, but I am on the opposite end, I am extremely skinny.. I have always had a very very high metablism. All my life.. I only started to gain a little weight 2 years ago when I turned 26. I have a very high risk of losing a pregnancy due to I don't have enough stored fat...
It goes both ways..
But in the last 2 years, I have tried to gain more weight and eat right foods, no sweet stuff, and eating a lot of meat.. as my hubby is vegetarian, we don't have a lot of meat around the house
But your aunt, if she wants a child she can try to take a year or so to get her body in shape for a baby. She may actually have other issues such as high blood pressure or other things, you may not know about.
Many people can't understand why they can't get pregnant but never take the time to analyze there lifestyles or even find out when they are ovulating in order to get pregnant.
My suggestion to your aunt would be:
1. Find out if she is ovulating every month. She can find out be basal body temp., a ClearBlue Easy Monitor or over the counter ovulation kit, or go to her doctor and have them conduct a blood test to find out her FSH levels. These are the levels of hormones that are released before and at the time of ovulation., or she can check her cervical mucus daily. There are books that show you how to do this, very simple and easy.
2. Just because you have a period, does not mean you are ovulating. She needs to really start on step one. Once she finds out when and what 2 days she is fertile (out of a month) then she can start trying to concieve.
3. These two days are the only two days when she actually releases and egg, after she releases her egg, it can get fertilized up to 5 days after she ovulates. So her timing must be just right to have the sperm travel and fertilize the egg. A good rule of thumb: if your cervical mucus is slippery, wet and slimey. She is probably fertile and can get pregnant.
4. Then it is just a matter of science, biology, and time. It can take normal healthy couples up to 1 year to concieve. So, if she and hubby have been trying actively, (you know what I mean)
That means having sex 3 or more times when she is fertile, then wham bam thank you mam! She will eventually get prego.
5. If she has other problems in trying to get prego after 1 year of actively trying, then she should see a fertility specialists.
You can do a number of spells on her but it will ultimately be in her hands.
Good Luck.. By the way, I and hubby have been trying for 6 months..and I only have one tube and ovary. I just keep on trying, and monitoring my fertility status.