*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

Any "Christian Witches" On This Forum?

Discussion for and about Christian witches and pagans. How do you merge your two belief systems? Please be kind to Christian witches. I have come to believe that it is a very valid belief system.

Re: Any "Christian Witches" On This Forum?

Postby L.J.Hex » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:30 am

To me this is such a weird combination in a way. :D

I have a christian (very secular upbringing, but I went on my separate way on my 18th birthday and never looked back since. At one time I was actually quite strongly opposing christianity among other organised religion. I don't like any of it. But that's about religion, not faith, to oppose that would be darn stupid as I have quite a lot of faith in myself too. Funny how experience opens the mind. (But not to the point of brain falling out.)

I wonder what kind of problems a "Christian witch" could encounter? Telling people you're a pagan or a specially a witch is quite a scare to some on its own already and many(Christians?) would see a contradiction in being both witch and a Christian.
By my feet the flowers of witchery abloom.
L.J.Hex

Postby SpiritTalker » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:13 am

Simplify a bit. Loosely defined, christian is someone who accepts JC's teaching & claims about himself as a spiritual being & witch is someone who does magic, sometimes with a Nature focus, often times not. A person of any religion can practice magical concepts. Secular magic is a craft, not a religion. So a Christian witch is possible. Just to be sure I'm using secular clearly, I pulled up a definition: denoting attitudes, activities, or other things that have no religious or spiritual basis. Contrasted with sacred.

A person can be Wiccan & not do magic. A person can be Christian and do magic. A person can do magic with, or without religious involvement. There's room to wiggle.

I'm making an emphasis on Witch, not Wiccan. To me Wiccan is a set of practices for a religious relationship through Nature. Witch denotes magic is performed & It may or may not include a deep perception of Nature as sacred. That's all I'm saying.
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Postby Lady_Lilith » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:19 am

I agree ST except on the Wicca part. It was literally started as a "religion of witchcraft" and that was made abundantly clear since its' earliest history. It's a bit like trying to be a Christian without Christ.
"Often I will spin a tale, never will I charge a fee. I'll amuse you an entire eve, but, alas, you won't remember me. What am I?" -Sloth
Lady_Lilith

Postby SpiritTalker » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:13 pm

Good point.
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Postby ravenwhite » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:39 pm

I have returned and am just now starting this path
ravenwhite

Postby SpiritTalker » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:33 pm

Best wishes on your journey.
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Previous

Return to Christian Witchcraft