*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

Do animals have souls?

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.

Do animals have souls?

Postby Tutmosis » Fri May 05, 2017 12:47 pm

Of course they do.

But my real question is why do people (and some faiths) believe that animals don't have souls, when there are millions of animal spirit guides?
Tutmosis

Re: Do animals have souls?

Postby SpiritTalker » Fri May 05, 2017 4:24 pm

I suppose it might have to do with the concepts of being an embodied soul versus having a spirit, or vise-versa. If I have it right, one is the individual, incarnated life force in some beliefs, and the other is the transcendental consciousness. I never can keep it straight.

Define soul and spirit. Different faiths can't even agree on the terms.
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Postby sungod » Fri May 05, 2017 10:27 pm

My opinion, of course. Anything that breathes and has a conscience, has life. You can look into an animal's eyes and see so much.... at least I can. The energy of their souls radiates to me....they get mad, sad, upset, happy, etc. I think that having emotions is another trait of a soul. I've only seen one animal spirit, and heard it, too. But I'm sure there are more out there.
sungod

Postby Shekinah » Tue May 09, 2017 7:39 pm

There are many who believe all living things share a common soul. Through the ages we often see comments to the effect that, "we are ONE". "Beneath our unconscious mind lies a transcendental, spiritual dimension that is our true nature. We are not a lonely collection of separate minds trapped in separate bodies, moving through separate points in space-time." We are in union with All That Is. Every living thing, on at least this world, to include animals, insects, plants and microbes, all share at least 90% of a common genetic code. If there be soul, it entangles all life equally. My cat is no less Holy and Divine, than I.
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
Shekinah

Postby SnowCat » Tue May 09, 2017 8:33 pm

I know that I see my cats who have crossed the Rainbow Bridge. They have more say over their appearance in that realm, and mine seem to be quite fond of sporting wings. Molly was the diva, in life, and remained so after she passed. I haven't seen her in a while now, but a gray tabby with pink glittery wings was quite a sight.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
SnowCat

Postby Mr Crowley » Wed May 10, 2017 8:48 pm

As for the collective soul department, does me have to be included with we? You have no clue who I am. I wouldn't think about speaking for you, so why do you feel as if you can speak for me?
Mr Crowley

Postby Lady_Lilith » Thu May 11, 2017 3:27 am

In the Aztec beliefs, one has a nahualli or "animal that shares its soul with you". I would assume so.
"Often I will spin a tale, never will I charge a fee. I'll amuse you an entire eve, but, alas, you won't remember me. What am I?" -Sloth
Lady_Lilith

Postby Ashrend » Thu May 11, 2017 3:53 am

From what iv seen of people, that split belief comes from ignorance thinking that because the animal can be stupid because of their small brain that they therefore can't have a soul equal to a human
Ashrend

Postby Tutmosis » Thu May 11, 2017 11:34 am

That's true Ashrend
Tutmosis

Postby Tutmosis » Thu May 11, 2017 11:34 am

I think that may be where it stems from
Tutmosis

Postby Shekinah » Thu May 11, 2017 2:03 pm

Mr Crowley wrote:As for the collective soul department, does me have to be included with we? You have no clue who I am. I wouldn't think about speaking for you, so why do you feel as if you can speak for me?

That all sentient life is ONE Soul is not my invention, it is a very ancient concept accepted by many mystics. No clue who you might be, perhaps if you believe so you may not be included within Akasha, Cosmic Consciousness or entangled life phenomenon. What we know of psychic phenomenon such as projection, telepathy, bi-location suggests strongly that all living things share a conscious entanglement. It is this (Quantum entanglement) that allows magick to happen (mind influencing probabilities). It is the physics that validates Witchcraft.
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
Shekinah

Return to Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events