*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM

Outdoor Altars

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.

Outdoor Altars

Postby SylverSparro » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:50 pm

So when I do rituals and spells I plan to do them outside my home. In the woods. There's a reserve/trails by my house and ill be going there when I find a spot. So I guess a standard altar is kinda outta the question.
I saw portable altars on etsy. Do you think they are worth it. I'm not really thrilled on buying premanufacted pieces and want handmade things.
SylverSparro

Re: Outdoor Altars.

Postby Zili » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:44 pm

honestly don't spend your money, I used an old shoe box that I decorated and covered it with a piece of cloth. inside I was able to put miniature statues, small candles, my chalice, athame and prayer stick.
Zili

Outdoor Altars

Postby SylverSparro » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:42 pm

Zili wrote:honestly don't spend your money, I used an old shoe box that I decorated and covered it with a piece of cloth. inside I was able to put miniature statues, small candles, my chalice, athame and prayer stick.

Oh nice. These ones on etsy are in a pouch and are meant to just stick in your purse and such.
SylverSparro

Re: Outdoor Altars.

Postby firebirdflys » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:30 pm

I have a nice cedar cigar box with representations of the elements, a tiny incense burner, a tea light in an old salmon egg jar (perfect... with a lid) a bottle of water, a crystal. For the God and Goddess I have an antler point and an owl feather. There are a few other various goodies within, but that's all you really need. the box fits nicely in a bag...off I go the the woods! FF.
Den of the Firebird Image
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars, out here we is stoned...Immaculate.
firebirdflys

Re: Outdoor Altars

Postby SpiritTalker » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:16 pm

I'd just use a tote bag to carry a travel-mug of sacred coffee, a fire-pot, dry kindling & lighter. The Land itself is an altar & a rock or tree stump is convenient. Water & the fixings for Fire are toted in but Air & Earth are right there at hand: a leafy branch to fan with & pick up a stone on-sight.
SpiritTalker
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Return to General Questions about Wicca & Magick